PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Printer error,"... filter is not currently installed"

lee.davis
June 5th, 2011, 09:36 AM
p { margin-bottom: 0.08in; } I am new to Ubuntu and need assistance in resolving printer error message,”Printer 'HOME_EPSON' requires the '/opt/epson-inkjet-printer-workforce-840-series/cups/lib/filter/epson_inkjet_printer_filter' program but it is not currently installed. Please install it before using this printer.” when I attempt to print

I created the printer using CUPS after downloading the printer drivers from the URL: http://www.openprinting.org/driver/epson-workforce-840/ extracting the .ppd file in my /home/usr/documents directory. Then I enabled the printer to be published in the server settings in the “Printing Manager” application located at systems>administration>printing.

The printer filter is located in my /home/usr/... directory and not in the /opt/OpenPrinting-Epson directory where the .ppd.gz are located and where the error message states it is looking for it. Do I need to extract the .ppd.gz in the /opt/OpenPrinting-Epson directory and install the filter in the same location? If so, could someone please provide me the correct steps including the commands?

Your assistance is truly appreciated!!

Lee

lee.davis
June 7th, 2011, 02:56 PM
Can someone please help me. I need some guidance in correcting this printer issue. Do you need further information from me? If so, please advise. Is this not the correct forum for asking this type of question? If not, can someone please tell me where to post this?

I appreciate any assistance that you can give to me!!

Thanks in advance!

Lee Davis