PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Banshee can't get track info

griffsterb
June 5th, 2011, 08:38 AM
If I insert music CDs into my disc drive, Banshee can't fetch the track information and just displays everything as Track 1, Track 2, etc...

is this a known problem or can I do something to fix it?

Edit: known issue. can someone delete this?

linux.alucard
June 13th, 2011, 08:19 AM
When i try to "Get information from track fingerprint", nothing happens.

Banshee 2.0.0 | Ubuntu 11.04

werty2010
June 14th, 2011, 01:25 PM
If I insert music CDs into my disc drive, Banshee can't fetch the track information and just displays everything as Track 1, Track 2, etc...

is this a known problem or can I do something to fix it?

Edit: known issue. can someone delete this?

if you've found the fix could you post a link for the rest of us?

davidgillen
June 28th, 2011, 12:50 PM
It's a bug in Banshee. If you're looking to RIP your CDs you can do it with sound-juicer ( install via synaptic, apt-get, or whatever your preferred method is ). This will give you an option when there are multiple possibilities to pick whichever you feel is correct.
E.g. I just did it with Pink Floyd's The Wall CD1 and was given about 20 different options, mostly all identical, picked one, and it's ripping away.

Juan Manuel Rivero
July 18th, 2011, 07:11 PM
I have the exact same problem.

werty2010
July 19th, 2011, 12:20 PM
it's a bug in banshee. If you're looking to rip your cds you can do it with sound-juicer ( install via synaptic, apt-get, or whatever your preferred method is ). This will give you an option when there are multiple possibilities to pick whichever you feel is correct.
E.g. I just did it with pink floyd's the wall cd1 and was given about 20 different options, mostly all identical, picked one, and it's ripping away.

+1

UBUminJ
December 28th, 2011, 12:32 PM
If you're looking to RIP your CDs you can do it with sound-juicer ( install via synaptic, apt-get, or whatever your preferred method is ). This will give you an option when there are multiple possibilities to pick whichever you feel is correct.

Great advice !

However, it should be said that this banshee bug is really strange, sometimes you get the track information and sometimes you don't.