PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Samsung CLP 610ND printer not working in 11.04 (Natty)

Gary128
June 5th, 2011, 08:14 AM
I have a Samsung CLP 610ND attached directly to my home network (Ethernet cable from printer to router) with a static IP address of 10.1.1.200. The router address is 10.1.1.1 and my Ubuntu desktop computer address is allocated by DHCP within the router, usually as 10.1.1.2.

In 10.04 and 10.10, the printer worked fine. Unfortunately, because of this, I didn't take much notice of how it was connected. I remember doing "find network printer" and following the bouncing ball and everything was OK.

After upgrading to 11.04, the printer no longer works from this machine. When I print something, the printer "sees" it, since it starts its transport, but nothing prints, and the job disappears from the queue.

There are 2 windows machines on this network which are printing with no problems, so I am guessing that something is wrong with the way 11.04 is treating this printer.

In case it was something in the upgrade process, I rebuilt my system from the 11.04 CD, but the problem persists.

Has anyone else experienced this sort of printer hassle with 11.04? Any input would be appreciated.