PDA

View Full Version : I made Bubbles!

Legendary_Bibo
June 5th, 2011, 05:52 AM
I made my first original gnomenu theme, and I'm very happy about it. It looks great with alpha blur which is one of the things I had in mind for it. It's not completely done. I'm not too satisfied with the icons on the right, but I'm getting there. Also, I'm trying to figure out how I can have larger tab icons for certain effects. I think I have an idea of what I can do.

I give you Bubbles! (http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/Bubbles?content=142401)

vehemoth
June 5th, 2011, 10:50 AM
That's very good looking, is it possible to them the program list and search bar as well. Looks nice that it's not all random colours like last time :)

Legendary_Bibo
June 5th, 2011, 10:59 AM
That's very good looking, is it possible to them the program list and search bar as well. Looks nice that it's not all random colours like last time :)

I'm not quite sure what you're asking.

Yeah I had to ditch photoshop and make the bubbles in Gimp which didn't lead to as good looking bubbles, but they actually work just fine. That was the reason why my last version had all the colorful bubbles because for some reason they kept losing their transparency and that was the best fix I could come up with. This time I bit the bullet, and remade it in Gimp, and I came out pretty well.

Turns out that saving it as a png in Photoshop got rid of the transparency as well, but saving it as a png in gimp didn't.

vehemoth
June 5th, 2011, 11:15 AM
See how the list of programs is white, it would be nice if it blended better with the bubbles and wasn't so out of place.

Legendary_Bibo
June 5th, 2011, 11:34 AM
See how the list of programs is white, it would be nice if it blended better with the bubbles and wasn't so out of place.

Ah yeah, I'm trying to figure that out as well. I'm trying to figure out how some people got borders around their menus also, and gave the menus rounded corners.