PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] "Location of Android SDK has not been set up in the Preferences" ~ Eclipse

skytreader
June 5th, 2011, 05:39 AM
Hi. I'm having the issue described here (http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=11503) except that I'm running Lucid Lynx and Eclipse Galileo.

The proposed solution, click on Window->"Android SDK and AVD Manager" while in an Android perspective (e.g., DDMS), doesn't work for me.

How do I set-up the location of my Android SDK? Thanks.

ubudog
June 5th, 2011, 05:54 AM
Hi there. This is a really easy one to fix.

First, while in Eclipse, click on the Window tab. There you will find Preferences. Click that. Then click on Android, and enter the location of your sdk. Easy, right? Let me know if you have any problems.

skytreader
June 5th, 2011, 06:26 AM
Err... this is embarrassing but what is the path to the Android SDK?

I've tried whereis but to no avail

chad@chad-laptop:~$ whereis android-sdk
android-sdk:
chad@chad-laptop:~$ whereis android-sdk-linux_86
android-sdk-linux_86:
chad@chad-laptop:~$ whereis android
android:
chad@chad-laptop:~$ whereis adb
adb:

Does this mean I don't have it installed? But I have DDMS in Eclipse! So....dead-end for me :C

ubudog
June 5th, 2011, 07:05 AM
You don't have to install the sdk. You just have to download it and extract it. If you have it extracted, you will be able to see it in your home directory. To be sure it's there, run this command and post the output. Extract it in your home directory.

cd $HOME && ls | grep android

Then, from Eclipse, click the browse button and it should be android-sdk-linux_86 in your home directory or wherever you extracted it.

ubudog
June 7th, 2011, 06:58 PM
So you got it working? Cool!

skytreader
June 8th, 2011, 05:04 AM
Yep. Thanks. You (already) have my support in your Ubuntu Membership by the way. Good luck with that!

ubudog
June 8th, 2011, 04:30 PM
Glad you got it working and thanks for the support!