PDA

View Full Version : The Book of Secrets

ki4jgt
June 5th, 2011, 12:45 AM
Want to write an open book that anyone can download/modify. Want to put recipes, historical information, nuggets of wisdom, poetry, hope and several other things in it. I want it to be a project that anyone can add to. Basically, I want the book to show people how to deal with their lives when they feel they need a little boost. I want it to talk on everything from suicide to first dates. I want a history of the human race from the time the book was first published (Now) to the current edition of the book. I want a new edition every year and would like it to always be modified, so it's never out dated. I'm thinking of putting together a mailing list for the edification and management of said book. Anyone interested?

Thewhistlingwind
June 5th, 2011, 12:53 AM
So, your goal is the greatest real life slashfic ever created?

Good luck...........

EDIT4: Removed the other three, the joke was self explanatory.

Anyway, you would be best served by one of the non-creative commons (Those require attribution.) licenses, a tracking website, and some free time.

ki4jgt
June 5th, 2011, 12:57 AM
So, your goal is the greatest real life slashfic ever created?

Good luck...........

How is this slashfic?

google:

Slash is the term used to desribe fanfiction centered around relationships between between same-sex characters.

I'm wanting this book to help people to get through their busy lives. To get through those awkward moments we all have b/c we're all innately suffering from the same emotions.

1111peoy
June 5th, 2011, 01:09 AM
This sounds like a wikipedia. Anyway, just download dokuwiki and go ahead :) would be better to have a search function with this big book of yours

ki4jgt
June 5th, 2011, 01:16 AM
Sorry, no one on the three forums I've posted to seems to get the idea. The Internet is great, but sometimes people just need to know that something is theirs. It's not controlled by everyone else, but it is there when they need it to be. Something to bring them comfort. The Internet is always changing, it's always growing. Even sites which offer support for a plethora of issues, no longer do it adequately. They start off with the idea that people are sad and need help, but as the site progresses, it becomes geared to those who are independent, and doesn't offer anything to anyone who is stuck. This book would be more for the comfort and support in times of need, not to progress, but to stay the same.

B/c google will return anything. This book is written by real people, with real issues. It's not a sales pitch. It's not a send me all your money and you'll got a million dollars later in life. It's a, I've been where you are. I know where you stand. You don't have to change yourself, but you do have to know that you're as strong as you want to be. And this is how strong you are. . .

1111peoy
June 5th, 2011, 01:43 AM
Sorry, no one on the three forums I've posted to seems to get the idea. The Internet is great, but sometimes people just need to know that something is theirs. It's not controlled by everyone else, but it is there when they need it to be. Something to bring them comfort. The Internet is always changing, it's always growing. Even sites which offer support for a plethora of issues, no longer do it adequately. They start off with the idea that people are sad and need help, but as the site progresses, it becomes geared to those who are independent, and doesn't offer anything to anyone who is stuck. This book would be more for the comfort and support in times of need, not to progress, but to stay the same.

Sounds interessing. Give me a PM and we can discuss this book and maybe other great book ideas. By the way, how old are you?

1111peoy
June 5th, 2011, 01:44 AM
By the way.. only focus on one thing, personal issues, and not date stuff :p

ki4jgt
June 5th, 2011, 04:32 AM
Sounds interessing. Give me a PM and we can discuss this book and maybe other great book ideas. By the way, how old are you?

I'm 22 dude. I've just been wanting to put this together for quite some time, and decided why not today?