PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu Unity

CovaDax
June 5th, 2011, 12:41 AM
Hey, I installed Ubuntu 11.04 and Unity came with it. Honestly, I like it a lot, although after a while it kinda effed up on me. I can't change the icons anymore and I can't configure it at all in Compiz. If anyone has any experience with this lemmie know :D

cgroza
June 5th, 2011, 12:44 AM
It is still new and very criticized for it's lack of customization.
Things will get more configurable in the next releases, don't worry.

Jamie_Dolan
June 5th, 2011, 12:53 AM
I had the same problem when I upgraded to 11.04 and tried to make Compiz work. I do not know how to get it to work but if anything is messed up try

unity --reset

to reset the settings in Compiz for unity and if you are having problems with your icons try

unity --reset-icons

to reset the launcher icons towards the left
I hope you found this helpful in anyway

dFlyer
June 5th, 2011, 12:55 AM
Hey, I installed Ubuntu 11.04 and Unity came with it. Honestly, I like it a lot, although after a while it kinda effed up on me. I can't change the icons anymore and I can't configure it at all in Compiz. If anyone has any experience with this lemmie know :D

It's the new default desktop, give it time.

wildmanne39
June 5th, 2011, 06:42 AM
Hi, I have the cube a many effects enabled, they all work great, I will give you this link to help you setup the cube and I am working on a guide to help with the settings for animations like burn and exploding windows. http://ubuntu4beginners.blogspot.com/2011/05/enable-desktop-cube-in-unity-ubuntu.html After you get done with the guide and you want to add effects and change a few more things it will mess up your windows but log out and back in and they will be fixed,if you need more help after installing the cube to set it up post back here. Also remember that you have to have 3d support and enough resources to run the cube and effects. Make sure if you need a driver installed for your video card that you install in first.

Jamie_Dolan
July 5th, 2011, 02:35 AM
I finally got around to reading that article to get my cube back, thank you so much!

wildmanne39
July 5th, 2011, 06:45 AM
I finally got around to reading that article to get my cube back, thank you so much!
Hi, your welcome.