PDA

View Full Version : [lubuntu] Lubuntu install fails on Dell optiplex GX150

Elvis99
June 4th, 2011, 08:10 PM
Hi everybody,

I'm currently stuck at the "lubuntu - Install lubuntu" screen on a Dell Optiplex GX150 (specs; Pentium III 1 GHz, 512 mb RAM, 20 GB HDD). I can hear the CD spinning up but nothing happens. Looking at the specs, the PC should be able to run lubuntu, right? Could somebody point me in the right direction? I've verified both the ISO and the CD checksum, both check out, so there should be no issue with the install media ..

Cheers

Elvis

EDIT:
In case someone googles the thread, this might help:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=12292664&postcount=828

kansasnoob
June 4th, 2011, 08:49 PM
Hi everybody,

I'm currently stuck at the "lubuntu - Install lubuntu" screen on a Dell Optiplex GX150 (specs; Pentium III 1 GHz, 512 mb RAM, 20 GB HDD). I can hear the CD spinning up but nothing happens. Looking at the specs, the PC should be able to run lubuntu, right? Could somebody point me in the right direction? I've verified both the ISO and the CD checksum, both check out, so there should be no issue with the install media ..

Cheers

Elvis

When you boot the CD do you first see the screen to select language followed by a boot option screen?

If so begin by selecting check disc for defects. It'll take a few minutes to run.