PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] In Unity There Is Strength

MMcQuown
June 4th, 2011, 07:52 AM
Omigod, the Shame Of It All! I have been completely humilated Twice when I tried to install 11.04 and was told -- on both my machines -- that my equipment was insufficient to run Unity, and that I would have to log in with generic Ubuntu. How can I look my fellow Linux users in the eye? How can I go out in publick? What must I do to blot out this terrible Stain on my Good Name?
Seriously, what kind of hardware problems would cause this difficulty? Is it an easy fix?

bulldog
June 4th, 2011, 07:58 AM
Omigod, the Shame Of It All! I have been completely humilated Twice when I tried to install 11.04 and was told -- on both my machines -- that my equipment was insufficient to run Unity, and that I would have to log in with generic Ubuntu. How can I look my fellow Linux users in the eye? How can I go out in publick? What must I do to blot out this terrible Stain on my Good Name?
Seriously, what kind of hardware problems would cause this difficulty? Is it an easy fix?

Yes,your computers are rubbish,just buy a better one :lolflag:

Mostly it would be your graphics that is insufficient or you have to install the driver for it.
Look in your menu /system/additional drivers if there is one available.

linuxinstalledfromhdd
June 4th, 2011, 08:00 AM
Try 10.10.

bulldog
June 4th, 2011, 08:08 AM
Try 10.10.
Or move to Arch or Debian or..

Shibblet
June 4th, 2011, 08:11 AM

Make sure you are online when you install. The installer will download the proper drivers for your machine to allow Unity to run by default.

That is assuming you have decent hardware. ;)

MMcQuown
June 4th, 2011, 08:40 PM
Thanks to ons and all. I will try these remedies. Then I can go out in publick again.

wojox
June 4th, 2011, 08:43 PM
You just need your graphics driver installed.