PDA

View Full Version : Combining Social engine with Forum (phpbb or smf)

nirab
June 4th, 2011, 07:39 AM
Im right now looking for ways to combine social engine and (phpbb or smf) forum. i could find how to combine smf and socialengine v3 but not socialengine v4 . Are there any any solutions or maybe ways to do it? Any suggestion or Links will be appreciated.

Thank you in advance :)

Lucradia
June 4th, 2011, 05:36 PM
Well, that depends on what features of a social thing you want to add. For phpBB 3, there are always portal systems you can add to it, or maybe an RPG Modification, or if you need a gallery, you can add coppermine.

Pretty much anything that you find bundled nowadays can be replicated with individual modifications. The only things I don't like about either phpBB3 or SMF is that the official mods database requires you to use MODX (or in the case of SMF, some weird code that allows you to install it automagically), and I've stopped writing phpBB3/SMF mods since. I mean, if people can't learn how to find little pieces of code, why admin a forum? I know, I know, it's about efficiency, but I learned MOST of my PHP3/MySQL skills by going through code like that. Same goes for HTML3, and JavaScript 1.2 and CSS2.