PDA

View Full Version : Selling a netbook need to uninstall Ubuntu

Fost325
June 4th, 2011, 06:25 AM
I have an Acer Aspire Netbook running a dual boot with Xp and Ubuntu Netbook Version (Lucid Lynx if I am not mistaken?) Anyway I plan on selling this netbook and I need to remove the Ubuntu Partition and go back to just a full Windows Xp partition with it's recovery partition also.

I have searched around but I haven't found anything helpful.

garvinrick4
June 4th, 2011, 06:52 AM
When you install a fresh copy of Windows (you use your Windows disk) it will overwrite
the linux partition if you install to whole drive. About the recovery partition if it comes with
the install disk it will be there if it does not it is gone. Focus and answer questions at Windows install and should be fine.

bulldog
June 4th, 2011, 07:53 AM
I have an Acer Aspire Netbook running a dual boot with Xp and Ubuntu Netbook Version (Lucid Lynx if I am not mistaken?) Anyway I plan on selling this netbook and I need to remove the Ubuntu Partition and go back to just a full Windows Xp partition with it's recovery partition also.

I have searched around but I haven't found anything helpful.

How about using the recovery partition?
It should bring your netbook back in it's original state when you bought it.
That is without ubuntu and any changes you made to the hdd.

If you did remove the recovery partition your self however,you can format the ubuntu partition from windows,but you'll need to repair the windows boot with the windows cd,to remove GRUB from the MBR.