PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] manual network configuration in Ubuntu Server 4.11

rawa
June 3rd, 2011, 05:53 PM
Hi

Install Ubuntu Server 11.04, I need to put a fixed IP Internet to take a known IP network. When I offered to install the IP equipment, mask, ip den IP router and a DNS server, I put everything as it should but for some reason I have no internet and results in me not being able to update and installing packages Site. Here I think the data requested by the installer are insufficient to connect well, anyone knows another method to indicate the manual settings?, keep in mind that internet installations will be set until it succeeds.

However if I choose the automatic network configuration and I can get good upgrade from the internet but then ecuentro a network tool that allows me to set the configuration of static IP computer and internet link to where it belongs. (here I could not find a tool that let me hand the data to the network, known for a recommender to manage the network?)

Now I'm trying to install automatic, download the packages, make a copy of them and then install manual and restore packages downloaded, but it is a natural method that comes out just ...

I welcome your input and thank you very much.

Arno Ruben