PDA

View Full Version : How often do you bump your threads?

PCaddicted
June 3rd, 2011, 03:54 PM
I don't do it very frequently.

munzerelli
June 3rd, 2011, 03:55 PM
bump

BrokenKingpin
June 3rd, 2011, 06:14 PM
Hardly ever if it is just a discussion thread, but if I need answer for an issue I have usually just once a day, twice tops (and only if I am separate).

The person who voted for 6 times a day... that is just insane, and you should probably try going outside once in a while.

Hwæt
June 3rd, 2011, 09:25 PM
bump

corrytonapple
June 3rd, 2011, 09:43 PM
I wait two days, then bump once every 24-36 hours, during the daytime for me so I can get help, not when everybody is away and my thread slowly creeps away.

wojox
June 3rd, 2011, 09:48 PM
Same here. I've always understood it was twenty-four hour limit to bump out of courtesy.

hhh
June 3rd, 2011, 11:43 PM
Same here. I've always understood it was twenty-four hour limit to bump out of courtesy.
That's correct, one bump per day. A moderator will give you a reminder if they see frequent bumping.

Lucradia
June 4th, 2011, 01:15 AM
Once a week. But at the most serious of issues, it's once every 24 hours, which is the minimum bump-wait time.

uRock
June 4th, 2011, 01:19 AM
The best way to bump a thread without really bumping it is to add a little more info, such as saying something one may have tried for fixing a problem.

It looks like people are demanding help when they start repeatedly bumping their thread without adding any new information.

Lucradia
June 4th, 2011, 01:23 AM
It looks like people are demanding help when they start repeatedly bumping their thread without adding any new information.

Sometimes, there really isn't any new information to put down. Sometimes I go google stuff, and after searching through a dozen or two pages in there, I give up and bump it. Sometimes I use the site:ubuntuforums.org <terms> method too.

wojox
June 4th, 2011, 01:28 AM
Imagine that site:ubuntuforums.org bump (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=ubuntu&hs=UH0&channel=fs&q=site%3Aubuntuforums.org+bump&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=)