PDA

View Full Version : Innapropriate question, but I don't trust any other forums...

Sou Portugues
June 2nd, 2011, 10:59 PM
So, I have a workstation at, well, work that runs windows. I've slowly managed to replace most of the programs with superior open source applications. Recently, the hard drive crashed, and instead of reinstalling what I had, I thought it may be time to consider upgrades. Here's what I use, and what for:
EAC- ripping CDs
VLC- playing everything under the sun
InfraRecorder- burning CDs
DVD Shrink- ripping DVDs
DVD Decoder- burning DVDs

What I'm looking for is a single app than can do all the above satisfactorily (needs to just work, with very little effort or know-how tweaking), or a script/gui I can use to do all of the above from one spot (so to speak).

Again, I know this technically doesn't belong in here, but these forums are far better to troll for GPL info than anywhere else on the web.
Thanks

wolfen69
June 3rd, 2011, 03:26 AM
VLC can do everything except burn discs. I don't think there is an app that can do all that.

Sou Portugues
June 3rd, 2011, 03:24 PM
VLC can do everything except burn discs. I don't think there is an app that can do all that.

I've never seen VLC rip CDs or DVDs, I'll have to look into that.
And perhaps it's a Windows problem, but it also consistently crashes when you try and play CDs or DVDs. Seems like it does better with actual files...

halibaitor
June 3rd, 2011, 04:02 PM
Have you checked out ImgBurn? I think that one is awesome for burning/copying disks.