PDA

View Full Version : Great wallpaper photo.

irv
June 2nd, 2011, 01:49 PM
Some of my kids and grandkids were on a hike this past weekend and took this photo. I have it as my wallpaper, and I thought someone out here might like it also. so I posted it.

BrokenKingpin
June 2nd, 2011, 02:22 PM
Cool photo. For some reason I always set my background to something tech related, such as a Gnome or KDE background (depending on what I am using). So maybe I will try a nature one for a change.

Legendary_Bibo
June 2nd, 2011, 02:33 PM
I set mine to ponies.

I've noticed that when you have a higher resolution monitor that wallpapers become more scarce unless you're fine with a bit of stretching.

irv
June 2nd, 2011, 02:38 PM
I am changing wallpaper all the time, so I am always looking for odd and different photos to use, this one was both odd and different so I thought I would give it a try for awhile. I too like techie stuff and I go back and forth with different things. Another thing, if I am using my laptop outside in the bright sun light, I use a light background so I can see things on the screen so I keep a few of them around for this purpose.

irv
June 2nd, 2011, 02:51 PM
I set mine to ponies.

I've noticed that when you have a higher resolution monitor that wallpapers become more scarce unless you're fine with a bit of stretching.

I am using it on a laptop screen so I guess it doesn't make that much difference. By the way I always loved this photo: 193984

RiceMonster
June 2nd, 2011, 02:54 PM
I set mine to ponies.

You and ponies...

Yeah, I can't stand stretching either. sometimes I will shrink a wallpaper, but never stretch. Using a wallpaper smaller than your resolution is guaranteed to look bad.

Legendary_Bibo
June 2nd, 2011, 02:59 PM
You and ponies...

Yeah, I can't stand stretching either. sometimes I will shrink a wallpaper, but never stretch. Using a wallpaper smaller than your resolution is guaranteed to look bad.

I've seen people use smaller images and either just have it centered on a black background, or worst of all they do the tiling thing so it's repeated. Shrinking and cropping is fine, but everything becomes fuzzy when you stretch and some images are already kind of fuzzy due to bad photography, or something.

RiceMonster
June 2nd, 2011, 04:06 PM
I've seen people use smaller images and either just have it centered on a black background, or worst of all they do the tiling thing so it's repeated. Shrinking and cropping is fine, but everything becomes fuzzy when you stretch and some images are already kind of fuzzy due to bad photography, or something.

Yeah, tiling looks horrible IMO. I've seen a picture in the middle with a hot pink background. That was eye-piercing to say the least. Whatever, not my machine.