PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Opencv take webcam snapshot problem!

hakermania
June 2nd, 2011, 01:25 PM
That's the code, I have reading and writing permissions to the folder in which the executable is running.
I cannot figure out what I am doing wrongly.....

Please, see the code:

#include "opencv/cv.h"
#include "opencv/highgui.h"
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;
int main() {
CvCapture* capture = cvCaptureFromCAM( CV_CAP_ANY );
if ( !capture ) {
cerr << "Couldn't capture!\n";
return 1;
}
// Get one frame
IplImage* frame = cvQueryFrame( capture );
if ( !frame ) {
cerr << "Couldn't capture!\n";
return 1;
}
cvReleaseCapture( &capture );
cvSaveImage("test.jpg" ,frame);
return 0;
}I get:

OpenCV Error: Null pointer (The image has NULL data pointer) in cvGetMat, file /home/alex/OpenCV-2.1.0/src/cxcore/cxarray.cpp, line 2391
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'cv::Exception'
what(): /home/alex/OpenCV-2.1.0/src/cxcore/cxarray.cpp:2391: error: (-27) The image has NULL data pointer in function cvGetMat

The program has unexpectedly finished.

hakermania
June 3rd, 2011, 02:09 PM
its a bump

Petrolea
June 3rd, 2011, 02:22 PM
Error kind of explains it. NULL pointer means that there is nothing in it. And when you pass it to a function it throws an error (you're lucky that it doesn't just throw a seg fault, would be a lot harder to find out where the error is).

That means there is a part in your code when some pointer gets no value and is passed to a function. Maybe put some more ifs to check if pointers are empty. I would check but I don't know anything about OpenCV.

if(somepointer == NULL)
{
printf("Error\n");
}

hakermania
June 3rd, 2011, 02:35 PM
Yes OK, thx for the answer, I got it that there's something null over there, I know how to check it, but I don't know why I get this error, it's sure because of the cvSaveImage function, because exactly the same code running on a while(1) loop and displaying the 'frame' on a cvwindow runs perfectly...I just don't know where the error is actually...

hakermania
June 3rd, 2011, 02:45 PM
Ok, found the solution, just call saveimage before release :)