PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Start up applications start twice

zakchambers01
June 2nd, 2011, 09:30 AM
I have ubuntu 9.04 and I have used the startup applications feature. I have 2 apps I am trying to start at startup, both of which I have in the panel and run fine when clicked. If I copy the exact commands and then add them to the startup applications list they seem to start twice. These apps are transmission and skype.

Now before it was only transmission and I didn't mind cause it only threw up an error but transmission started anyway in the background. But now skype starting twice is an issue cause it cant login.

I have treid clearing the session and played around with the ~/.config/autostart folder to no avail. Something is starting the apps twice and I need help figuring out what.

I have search google and this forum and cant find anything to fix this issue.

Any help would be apprciated and i will post the results.

Cheers

Copper Bezel
June 2nd, 2011, 10:12 PM
Well, let's narrow down the possible problems. Passing strange if your startup applications are all trying to start twice. (I don't trust Startup Applications. = P)

Does that seem to be the case - if, say, you add gedit to startup applications, log out and come back?

If you untick Skype and Transmission, do they stop launching at startup?

23dornot23d
June 2nd, 2011, 10:40 PM
Which desktop are you using ......

I have noticed this happens in KDE ..... with cairo-dock.

I just usually kill off the last one .....

but not tracked down why it does it yet.

zakchambers01
June 3rd, 2011, 11:16 AM
if i take skype or transmission out of start apps they dont load at startup. I agree I dont trust this start app stuff either. I think there is a clever way to this with the terminal and update.d something cant remeber, if anyone knows about this maybe I could try it this way.

Also i am not on KDE and dont have cario installed, I'm on GNOME, ubuntu 9.04.

Thanks again for the help