PDA

View Full Version : [wubi] Wubi install of Natty running unusually slow

rich52x
June 1st, 2011, 01:31 AM
After doing a wubi install of 11.04 onto my hp g56-116a because of it having all 4 primary partitions in use, natty seems to be running abnormally slow
Not throughout, but there's major slowdowns when doing something like opening a new browser window or similar task. Sometimes it will just spontaneously log out. The slowdowns are so bad the mouse cursor will become completely unresponsive/laggy for 20-25 seconds.

My laptop has 4GB RAM and an intel celeron t3500 cpu, which zips windows 7 along speedily, but its running this install a lot slower than my old laptop ran in,with 2GB RAM and a slightly slower processor

Has anyone got any idea why this is happening, or what i can do to rectify it?

garvinrick4
June 1st, 2011, 01:49 AM
Use System Monitor and check out what is being used up, processor, Ram, something
is off with 4 gig of Ram can run Wubi and Windows at same time. Do at least check
out what is being used most of while running multiple windows.
I have used WUBI and used VMware player in Windows and installed Ubuntu and giving
Ubuntu 1 gig in VMware of Ram and 32 bit 11.04 in classic mode and runs like a top.
Had one install of WUBI enough to learn it and never had any problems on Vista with
Wubi 2 gig of Ram. Have since put a partition install in that machine, nothing is quite as
good as a nice partition install.
Anyway use System Monitor.

rich52x
June 1st, 2011, 11:23 PM
attatched are screenshots of all processes running most of the time

they dont appear to be using 4gb of ram..
also about half the time i look at the cpu usage, it's running about 50%, which is way too much when im just runnign a browser