PDA

View Full Version : Vitamine water,. Healthy? Hmmmm...

Zerocool Djx
May 31st, 2011, 10:54 PM
So I im trying to avoid high fructose corn syrup and soy products cause your body just can
t digest it properly and so I began drinking other things. I went to the gas station and thought, hmmm,... Vitaminwater Zero, how bad could it be? Well,.. it tastes light which is good, no icky syrup taste, so I read the ingredients 1st water that's good then Crystaline Fructose is second... well.. it's basically concentrated amounts of high fructose corn syrup (crystallized go figure right?) So in reality this beverage is worse then regular vitaminwater. We can't win!

I mean we can't even drink water out of the tap! anyone have any suggestions to flavorful drinks that won't kill your liver or you?

el_koraco
May 31st, 2011, 10:56 PM
I mean we can't even drink water out of the tap!

Why not?

Zerocool Djx
May 31st, 2011, 11:02 PM
Why not?

Cause their is chlorine and trace amounts of lithium and other substances in the public water supply that will mess you up over the years.

el_koraco
May 31st, 2011, 11:03 PM
That's only if you drink it after midnight.

KiwiNZ
May 31st, 2011, 11:03 PM
All the water into my home is filtered by filters I had installed where the main enters the home so my tap water is safe.

Filter your water and drink lots of it.

Zerocool Djx
May 31st, 2011, 11:07 PM
right, but just water gets boring after a while,.. so looking for healthy natural things to drink.

el_koraco
May 31st, 2011, 11:09 PM
Don't get much healthier than water. Eat some fruit instead of forking money for ridiculously expensive crap.

KiwiNZ
May 31st, 2011, 11:14 PM
I make my own fruit drinks out of fresh fruit.

user1397
June 1st, 2011, 01:07 AM
+1 for filtered water, other than that I would drink natural fruit juices, or just eat the fruits if you don't like fruit juices.

wolfen69
June 1st, 2011, 01:22 AM
I read the ingredients 1st water that's good then Crystaline Fructose is second... well.. it's basically concentrated amounts of high fructose corn syrup (crystallized go figure right?) So in reality this beverage is worse then regular vitaminwater. We can't win!

Have you done any research on this before declaring it bad? Crystalline Fructose is sweeter than regular sucrose (table sugar), therefore requires less amounts to achieve the same sweetness level as sucrose. Plus, it is not chemically altered, so how is this worse than what they put in regular vitamin water? Plus, you need to compare regular vitamin water with what you bought.

skierkyles
June 1st, 2011, 02:10 AM
I haven't drank pop or soda in about 1 and a 1/2 years, so now I drink a bunch of Arizona Ice tea with Lemon or straight Ice tea.

Defiantly not the best for you, but Its a bit better (less bad for you...) then pop, and I dont drink near as much of it.

balumain
June 1st, 2011, 02:32 AM
right, but just water gets boring after a while,.. so looking for healthy natural things to drink.

Come to the darkside. :D you'll never be the same.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEIYNvwXD0Q

krapp
June 1st, 2011, 02:43 AM
Americans bore easily with water; there are number of reasons why this is so, the only non-embarrassing one being that American tap water tastes horrible. Europeans are spoiled by great tasting spring waters.

This American drinks only filtered tap water, 100% juice, coffee, beer, whiskey and wine.

sammiev
June 1st, 2011, 02:43 AM
I worked in water plants for ever and seen many shows on bottle water which has little to no regulations on it. They tested 1000 bottles of bottled water and the failure rate was so bad it was unbelievable. Tap water is the most regulated item to date. Now it may also depend on which country you live in. Do not be fooled by taste alone. GL :)

krapp
June 1st, 2011, 02:48 AM
I worked in water plants for ever and seen many shows on bottle water which has little to no regulations on it. They tested 1000 bottles of bottled water and the failure rate was so bad it was unbelievable. Tap water is the most regulated item to date. Now it may also depend on which country you live in. Do not be fooled by taste alone. GL :)

Whatever's in the ground flavoring some bottled waters sold overseas tastes great and I don't care what it is!

LowSky
June 1st, 2011, 03:26 AM
Americans bore easily with water; there are number of reasons why this is so, the only non-embarrassing one being that American tap water tastes horrible. Europeans are spoiled by great tasting spring waters.

This American drinks only filtered tap water, 100% juice, coffee, beer, whiskey and wine.

Come to New York and say that about our tap water. Its the best in the country. Tap water that comes from a city supply is just fine for consumption. I do feel bad for people with their own wells that have to do their own testing and purification. And now with fracking these supplies can get worse. Wasting a ton of money on bottled water has become normal because really think bottled water is better. Well its not. Spring water doesn't have fluoride, and without it and normal brushing, say goodbye to your teeth. Also Spring Water doesn't have to be purified, so if you wonder why you occasionally get a case of the "runs" it might be that bottled of water form your favored spring. Sure they test for contaminates but the law gives spring water a higher amount then what is allowed in tap water. Take your chances. Lastly that spring water isn't always from the source on the front label. For instance Poland Spring now has about 10 sources on the back side of the label. 15 years ago it only had 1. Then Nestle purchased the company and it went from 3 to 5 to 10 in less than 15 years. The name is now just brand and not the source.

And don't think that source is so pure either. Some of these places look like concrete slabs with a pump on top filling tanker trucks. Some are just a hose out of the ground filling large barrels. So when you think bubbling brooks or waterfalls, think again.

What is funny is the people who live near these springs probably have the same watter coming in through their taps and think it taste like garbage. They pay pennies for liters of the stuff compared to $2 for a half pint bottle you get form the convenient store and still buy it in store..

LowSky
June 1st, 2011, 03:28 AM
Whatever's in the ground flavoring some bottled waters sold overseas tastes great and I don't care what it is!

Well seeing that Europe has been one battlefield after another for it entire existence I can only guess decaying bodies, gun powder, bomb residue, hard metals, lots of mercury, and maybe a pinch of sulfur or two.:guitar::lolflag:

krapp
June 1st, 2011, 03:43 AM
Come to New York and say that about our tap water. Its the best in the country.

I've had plenty of NYC tap water and it tastes like crap, admittedly less so than other city waters. At least it's neither hard nor slimy nor smells when coming out of the tap.

Plenty of US bottled waters taste far better than NYC tap water.

Khakilang
June 1st, 2011, 04:20 AM
I don't drink carbonated drink, pop soda or any commercial drink. Just plain coffee or tea and also I take multi vitamins and mineral just in case I miss out some of it. I also filter my water. Lastly do exercise. You will live a long life.

Fedz
June 1st, 2011, 04:24 AM
I L♥v juicing ):P

wewantutopia
June 1st, 2011, 05:04 AM
I'm all for tap water. Chicagoland lake Michigan water is delicious.

Little Bones
June 1st, 2011, 05:10 AM
So I im trying to avoid high fructose corn syrup and soy products cause your body just can
t digest it properly and so I began drinking other things. I went to the gas station and thought, hmmm,... Vitaminwater Zero, how bad could it be? Well,.. it tastes light which is good, no icky syrup taste, so I read the ingredients 1st water that's good then Crystaline Fructose is second... well.. it's basically concentrated amounts of high fructose corn syrup (crystallized go figure right?) So in reality this beverage is worse then regular vitaminwater. We can't win!

I mean we can't even drink water out of the tap! anyone have any suggestions to flavorful drinks that won't kill your liver or you?

Soy? Really? It digests fine and worst to worst you get what, some extra bulk in your feces.

Ctrl-Alt-F1
June 1st, 2011, 05:41 AM
Cause their is chlorine and trace amounts of lithium and other substances in the public water supply that will mess you up over the years.

Stress is a horrible substance that causes all sorts of diseases. If you worry about stuff like that all the time you're probably doing more harm to yourself than the water would. (Short version: I filter my water) :p

jrusso2
June 1st, 2011, 07:31 AM
Here the tap was is contaminated with rocket fuel. Most tap water contains fuel and things that are not tested for.

frankbooth
June 1st, 2011, 07:39 AM
Sure it's healthy, obviously nothing unhealthy with water and vitamins.

But...
Keep in mind that overconsumption isn't healthy.
I'm not sure how too much vitamins affects the body, but vitamin water usually has some sugars. Over consuming it will result in a high sugar intake.

LowSky
June 1st, 2011, 12:21 PM
I've had plenty of NYC tap water and it tastes like crap, admittedly less so than other city waters. At least it's neither hard nor slimy nor smells when coming out of the tap.

Plenty of US bottled waters taste far better than NYC tap water.

I bet if I put 10 unmarked glasses of water in front of you couldn't name one source correctly.

here is something great to watch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfPAjUvvnIc

3rdalbum
June 1st, 2011, 12:22 PM
Does anyone drink Vitamin Water under the impression that it's actually healthy?

I drink it whenever I want a flavoured, non-carbonated drink and I don't feel like having Iced Tea (or the only iced tea available has a stimulant in it like Ginseng).

Grenage
June 1st, 2011, 12:42 PM

I can only comment on the tap water in Tampa Bay, and that was possibly the foulest stuff I had ever tasted in my life. I ended up with a very sore throat, but then again that could have been the food that was available. I have no doubt that both are substantially better elsewhere in the state and country.

I've never understood bottled water, and I only use a water filter when making tea.

RiceMonster
June 1st, 2011, 12:56 PM
I drink filtered water as well.

As for the Vitamine water, I drink that stuff sometimes. However, it's very common for someone to act all high and mighty and go on a rant how the stuff is not actually healthy. I always respond by telling them I like the taste 'cause it tastes like Kool-Aide. I don't drink it because it's supposed to be healthy.

krapp
June 1st, 2011, 06:04 PM
I bet if I put 10 unmarked glasses of water in front of you couldn't name one source correctly.

here is something great to watch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfPAjUvvnIc

Well, some greens in Philadelphia once challenged me to identify correctly four unmarked glasses of Poland Spring, Philly tap water, Dasani, and Aquafina, and it was a walk in the park. Replace Philly tap water with any other tap water and I'd be able to identify it correctly if I'd tasted before. Distinguish between tap waters not so much. I think I could tell bottled water apart from tap water maybe 10 out of your 10 times.

But hey, don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to promote bottled water over tap water. Damnit I use Linux for political reasons. I know very well that the privatization of water is very much a bad thing. I just find that many environmentalists go about promoting tap water in a self-defeating way. It doesn't taste as good as bottled water!

Ric_NYC
June 1st, 2011, 06:39 PM
Did you forget that tap water "travels" in miles of pipes.

Do you know what's in those pipes?

oxidized pipes etc.

Common sense.

If you drink tap water have a filter.

Ric_NYC
June 1st, 2011, 06:42 PM
Have you noticed every time you open a faucet that hasn't been used for a while the water comes out brown? I don't understand why people think that drinking tap water is ok.

Ric_NYC
June 1st, 2011, 06:45 PM
Yes. I'm talking about this:

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/6071/rustcoloredwater.jpg (http://img18.imageshack.us/i/rustcoloredwater.jpg/)

Chronon
June 1st, 2011, 06:49 PM
Have you noticed every time you open a faucet that hasn't been used for a while the water comes out brown? I don't understand why people think that drinking tap water is ok.

No. I have never lived in a place with that problem.

handy
June 1st, 2011, 06:52 PM
We should all drink at least 2 litres of water per day.

If the water in your town is crap, then buy a filter. You can take it from house to house if you don't own where you live.

Buying a water filter will turn out to be cheaper than buying bottled water. Apart from the fact that the plastic bottles that water is sold in, are one of the worst plastic pollution items on our planet; for no other reason than popularity.

Ric_NYC
June 1st, 2011, 06:53 PM
No. I have never lived in a place with that problem.

Where you live there's no corrosion or oxidation of the pipes?

Ric_NYC
June 1st, 2011, 06:55 PM
Since I was a kid... we never drank tap water in the house for 2 reasons: chlorine and rusty pipes.

Chronon
June 1st, 2011, 07:14 PM
You are asking a totally different question than the one I answered. Sure there's probably some oxidation but the water is never brown. My municipality ranks at the top of the pack in terms of water quality (in the USA).

Dustin2128
June 1st, 2011, 07:14 PM
Well, I don't know if it's an option where you live, but many people I know just have wells of their own. Think about it, only goes through a couple hundred feet of pipe to your house, no chemicals other than what you put in it, etc. Only problem is it might taste horrible depending on where you live, e.g. in Florida, it's so slimy it's undrinkable. But that, plus lemons, homegrown or not = delicious lemonade. Personally, I just don't think or worry too much about what I eat, and let the power of coding sustain me! (I'm too busy coding or gaming to eat, and I don't really care about the flavor of the food as long as I can eat it fast to get back to coding or gaming, so I eat a little bit of healthy food and don't worry about it)

Hwæt
June 1st, 2011, 07:26 PM

A local news agency recently sent out a report about alpha particles contaminating the drinking water in some parts of Texas. (http://www.khou.com/home/I-Team-How-safe-is-your--water--107010754.html)

Ric_NYC
June 1st, 2011, 07:35 PM
I'm telling you, people... :roll: You don't know what's in those pipes:

"(NECN: Jennifer Eagan: Somerset, Mass.) - It could be a day or two before residents of the southeastern Massachusetts town of Somerset are able to drink their tap water again.

Officials believe a lawn hydroseeding company illegally hooked up to a fire hydrant and that some of the chemicals used in the process backwashed into the water supply." Jun 1, 2011 5:26am

"Report: Harmful chemical found in tap water of 31 U.S. cities
Millions of Americans in at least 31 U.S. cities could be drinking tap water contaminated with the harmful chemical hexavalent chromium, according to a report released Monday by the non-profit Environmental Working Group.

While the dangerous carcinogen, otherwise known as chromium-6, may sound foreign to most people, perhaps the name Erin Brockovich will ring a bell.

After chromium-6 was discovered in the water supply of Hinkley, California, Brockovich helped bring about a lawsuit that ultimately ended in 1996 with the utility company, Pacific Gas & Electric, paying more than $330 million in damages. Norman, Oklahoma; Honolulu, Hawaii; and Riverside, California, top the non-profit organization's list of cities with water supplies contaminated by chromium-6." CNN December 20th, 2010

Chronon
June 1st, 2011, 07:37 PM
A local news agency recently sent out a report about alpha particles contaminating the drinking water in some parts of Texas. (http://www.khou.com/home/I-Team-How-safe-is-your--water--107010754.html)
That report does not seem to be well founded on science. Alpha particles are helium nuclei. They can be emitted as part of the decay process of certain unstable isotopes. It's the kinetic energy of this particle that can be damaging. Once it enters water it will quickly absorb free electrons in the water and become a simple helium atom, which, being a noble gas, poses no chemical danger.

Hwæt
June 1st, 2011, 07:47 PM
disregard this post

timZZ
June 1st, 2011, 09:52 PM
Eating healthy is an opinionated subject.

Some people believe they have evidence we are not omnivores but herbivores, based on commonalities between us and animals.

My belief is simple eat as close to nature as possible, however, trying to put it into practice is quite extreme.

1 step at a time.

wewantutopia
June 3rd, 2011, 03:26 PM
I'm telling you, people... :roll: You don't know what's in those pipes:

Don't know what's in the pipes so we don't know what's in the water.

So are you suggesting that we DO know what is in bottled water?

I would rater drink water regulated by the EPA than the FDA (in the US).

Having a filter is definitely a good thing, but even without a filter don't I still don't have a problem drinking tap water (depending on municipality you're in).

Not sure about the mains, but we don't have "rusty" pipes since they're copper. Houses are starting to have potable water run through PEX, but who knows what kind of chems they'll eventually find leaching from that.

sammiev
June 3rd, 2011, 05:18 PM
Water samples are taken from all over the cities, not just from the water plants. GL :)

Ric_NYC
June 3rd, 2011, 05:24 PM
Don't know what's in the pipes so we don't know what's in the water.

So are you suggesting that we DO know what is in bottled water?

I would rater drink water regulated by the EPA than the FDA (in the US).

Having a filter is definitely a good thing, but even without a filter don't I still don't have a problem drinking tap water (depending on municipality you're in).

Not sure about the mains, but we don't have "rusty" pipes since they're copper. Houses are starting to have potable water run through PEX, but who knows what kind of chems they'll eventually find leaching from that.

Buy a brand you trust or get a water filter. That's what I do.

Extreme case of tap water contamination.

A controversial natural gas production technique is contaminating drinking water in tens of thousands of homes, according to a study.
Scientists collected 68 drinking water samples from near gas drilling sites in Pennsylvania and New York.

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/6019/article13478500ccbc26f0.jpg (http://img21.imageshack.us/i/article13478500ccbc26f0.jpg/)
Dangerous: Earlier this year, residents in areas where drilling for shale gas is taking place filmed themselves setting fire to their tap water. Scientists have now confirmed potentially harmful levels of methane in drinking water in Pennsylvania and New York

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/9756/article13478500ccbc20b0.jpg (http://img11.imageshack.us/i/article13478500ccbc20b0.jpg/)
The gas from the tap ignites. It is extracted by drilling down and then horizontally through the ground and then by 'fracking', a process of hydraulic fracturing of the shale using high pressure liquid containing chemicals to release the gas.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1385450/Drinking-water-contaminated-harmful-levels-methane-gas-extraction.html#ixzz1OEMwX8cg

uRock
June 3rd, 2011, 05:31 PM

Where I live, steel pipes are not allowed for drinking water.

Do we think that bottled water companies are really all that different than filtering water from our faucets? I drink tap water. I can't afford to pay ArrowHead $33 a month for 20 gallons of water anymore.

uRock
June 3rd, 2011, 05:34 PM

Extreme case of tap water contamination.

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/6019/article13478500ccbc26f0.jpg (http://img21.imageshack.us/i/article13478500ccbc26f0.jpg/)
Dangerous: Earlier this year, residents in areas where drilling for shale gas is taking place filmed themselves setting fire to their tap water. Scientists have now confirmed potentially harmful levels of methane in drinking water in Pennsylvania and New York

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/9756/article13478500ccbc20b0.jpg (http://img11.imageshack.us/i/article13478500ccbc20b0.jpg/)
The gas from the tap ignites. It is extracted by drilling down and then horizontally through the ground and then by 'fracking', a process of hydraulic fracturing of the shale using high pressure liquid containing chemicals to release the gas.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1385450/Drinking-water-contaminated-harmful-levels-methane-gas-extraction.html#ixzz1OEMwX8cg
I have seen videos on that. Supposedly it is caused by natural gas mining near water wells.

Chronon
June 3rd, 2011, 07:16 PM

On what basis do you place this trust? At least with my local water utility I can look up water quality reports and decide whether a water filter is worth it to me or not. Where I live right now I'm comfortable with the quality of water coming out of my tap.

Ric_NYC
June 3rd, 2011, 07:22 PM
Lead is rarely found in source water, but enters tap water through corrosion of plumbing materials. Homes built before 1986 are more likely to have lead pipes, fixtures and solder. However, new homes are also at risk: even legally “lead-free” plumbing may contain up to 8 percent lead. The most common problem is with brass or chrome-plated brass faucets and fixtures which can leach significant amounts of lead into the water, especially hot water.

This is a general answer for the questions... :)

How Does Lead Get Into My Water?

Lead enters the water (“leaches”) through contact with the plumbing.

Lead leaches into water through:

Corrosion* of

Pipes
Solder
Fixtures and Faucets (brass)
Fittings
The amount of lead in your water also depends on the types and amounts of minerals in the water, how long the water stays in the pipes, the amount of wear in the pipes, the water’s acidity and its temperature.

*Corrosion is a dissolving or wearing away of metal caused by a chemical reaction between water and your plumbing.

EPA
http://water.epa.gov/drink/info/lead/index.cfm

wewantutopia
June 4th, 2011, 01:12 PM
On what basis do you place this trust? At least with my local water utility I can look up water quality reports and decide whether a water filter is worth it to me or not. Where I live right now I'm comfortable with the quality of water coming out of my tap.

Exactly! Just because you "trust" the brand doesn't mean the water isn't crap. There is no way to know what you're getting in the bottle personally getting a sample from a bottle you've purchased. And if you're that worried you'd have to test each case, because who knows what source that case was bottled from.

Flammable water from Fracking has only been in private wells, if I remember correctly, not municipal water supplies.

fontis
June 4th, 2011, 01:21 PM

My professional opinion is to avoid all soft drinks. Just drink tap-water. They are regulated by health laws to be pure and clean. In 99.9% of the cases, anti tap-water propaganda is spread by the same companies that sell bottled water simply because it's good business. If you know for a fact that tap water in your region is bad then avoid it. If you can't prove it then drink it.

If it is messed up, just drink normal untampered water. You don't need "vitamin-water" or what not. Regular drinking water is just fine because the main ingredient you're after is the H20, not the minerals that go with it. Minerals are something you would need in a deprived place, but seeing as you're probably from some western high-end place with plenty of useless stuff in your diet, then you're out of the risk zone.

Ric_NYC
June 4th, 2011, 05:10 PM
Obama in Britain: president's staff won't risk London tap water
Barack Obama will be a guest of the Queen at Buckingham Palace on Tuesday evening but the US president has been warned not to drink the water.http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/barackobama/8532173/Obama-in-Britain-presidents-staff-wont-risk-London-tap-water.html

EDINBORO -- Residents must continue boiling their tap water at least until this afternoon.

The borough issued a "boil water advisory" Monday after a water sample taken Saturday showed there wasn't enough chlorine in it. The advisory applies to any water used for drinking, cooking or teeth brushing.http://www.goerie.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20110525/NEWS02/305259944/-1/NEWSSITEMAP

MONTREAL – Residents of about 12,000 homes in western LaSalle are being advised to boil their tap water for at least a minute before drinking it this weekend, after a bad water sample was collected on Thursday.http://www.montrealgazette.com/Western+LaSalle+residents+advised+boil+water/4852216/story.html#ixzz1OK6wzbVh

Funny tasting tap water?

PALM BEACH COUNTY, Fla. - Many residents of Palm Beach County might notice their drinking water has a taste and smell of chlorine.

The county's water utilities department will be using a stronger chlorine to disinfect the water for a month starting June 14th.

The county says while most customers will notice only a slight change, it recommends users of home dialysis machines, owners of tropical fish and restaurants with fish tanks to get professional advice.

DORVAL — In the wake of a water warning in Dorval, residents of the West Island bedroom community have been advised to come to one of three distribution centres to pick up bottled H20 Saturday.

According to city manager Bob Bourbeau, "there are no lineups and everything is going fine."

On Friday the city advised residents not to drink tap water in the area.

Tests are expected back late in Saturday afternoon. "By suppertime we should have some news," said Bourbeau.

An apparent mistake by a private contractor resulted in the possible contamination of the city of Dorval's water supply and residents have been told not to use tap water for drinking, brushing teeth, or washing food and dishes.

Asbestos Cement Pipe

Some water pipes installed
before 1975 are composed of asbestos
cement (AC), also known as transite.
Prior to the 1980’s, asbestos could be found in
more than 5,000 common products, including
cement. Many U.S. cities and water districts
still use water pipes that contain asbestos
cement, including the City of Bellingham.
One-third of 1% of the water mains in the city’s
system are composed of asbestos cement.
While cement pipes manufactured with
asbestos are perfectly safe when they are
in good condition, as they age they begin
to break down and can become a hazard.
http://www.cob.org/documents/pw/lw/water-brochure-09.pdf

Uses for asbestos.
Because asbestos fibers are resistant to heat and most chemicals, they have been mined for use in more than 3,000 products, including roofing materials, brake pads, and cement pipe often used in distributing water to communities.

http://water.epa.gov/drink/contaminants/basicinformation/asbestos.cfm

IWantFroyo
June 4th, 2011, 05:11 PM
+ 1 to filtration. I've been using on-tap filters or in-refrigerator filters for years.

sammiev
June 4th, 2011, 06:56 PM
I can not talk for big cities but I do work in a water plant and take care of the water lines. We send out lab samples every week and do in house testing every day. I will not drink bottled water. GL :)

forrestcupp
June 4th, 2011, 07:10 PM
If you don't drink only water that has been filtered through a reverse osmosis system, eat only organic spinach that has been thoroughly washed with the filtered water, and breath only pure oxygen through a mask, then you'll DIE!!!!

8_Bit
June 4th, 2011, 08:32 PM
I don't drink tap water. Chloramination is replacing regular chlorination systems in most public water districts in the U.S. Chloramine does not dissolve or dissipate over time, it is stable, and has been shown to be carcinogenic.

Another lesson in life. You should never trust industry or government to care for your well being. Always assume the worst.

wolfen69
June 4th, 2011, 09:18 PM
Just drink tap-water.

Heated up with a tea bag in it. ;)

Timmer1240
June 5th, 2011, 01:44 AM
Ive been drinking lots of water out of the tap we got really good water here in the town I live in!And eating tons of fresh vegetables and fruits I dont eat near as much junk food and red meat as I used too and feeling a lot better now my bodys adjusting well to the switch to a lighter diet I actually crave vegetables and fruit instead of hamburgers and frys now!

laurahill
June 25th, 2011, 03:09 AM
I drink more amount of fluids which include more amount of water.I love drinking fruit juice and vegetable soups.

Bandit
June 25th, 2011, 04:21 AM
All the water into my home is filtered by filters I had installed where the main enters the home so my tap water is safe.

Filter your water and drink lots of it.

I cant drink straight water. I have Acid Reflux. It sets my stomach off something serious. Strangely enough though, iced tea from the same water doesnt.. Dont ask why, I dont know..

sammiev
June 25th, 2011, 04:29 AM
Filtering your water is great, but I have been to peoples place where the filter was removing Cl2 and became a bacteria growth for everything. Filtering is great if you change your filters often. GL :)

smellyman
June 25th, 2011, 05:03 AM
tap water is fine......99.999999% of the time