PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] PPA Installation -- how to?

jiapei100
May 31st, 2011, 10:14 PM
Hi, all:

Current Ubuntu 11.04 only affords, gdl 2.30.1-1 . However, I really need to have gdl 3.0.0 above, which can be found in launchpad

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gdl/3.0.0-1ubuntu1

How can I add this libgdl to /etc/apt/sources.list, so that whenever libgdl is upgraded, info can be easily noticed in Synaptic ?

Best Regards
Pei

ratcheer
May 31st, 2011, 10:40 PM
Most Launchpad PPA's have a place on the page that says something like PPA Details or Add This PPA. When you click on it, it gives some deb commands. I just copy them into the Software Sources applet. On the Other Software tab, click the Add button, then copy and paste the deb command.

Tim

jiapei100
May 31st, 2011, 10:58 PM
Are you saying that for libgdl, I'm unlucky enough to have no such kind of "Add This PPA" ? :(
Is it possible that what I wanna install is for Ubuntu 11.10 ?
Oh, yes, let me have a try first....

Rgds
Pei

Most Launchpad PPA's have a place on this page that says something like PPA Details or Add This PPA. When you click on it, it gives some deb commands. I just copy them into the Software Sources applet. On the Other Software tab, click the Add button, then copy and paste the deb command.

Tim

grahammechanical
May 31st, 2011, 11:48 PM
I have just tried to find a PPA for libgdl-3-1 and I keep finding a page that says that it is a part of Gnome 3. Have you installed the PPA for Gnome 3? That should update libgdl as it is developed, should it not?

Regards.

jiapei100
June 1st, 2011, 12:31 AM
I just added oneiric to my repository source, and everything is working perfect now !! ^_^

Thanks for all of your answers. Thanks ....

I have just tried to find a PPA for libgdl-3-1 and I keep finding a page that says that it is a part of Gnome 3. Have you installed the PPA for Gnome 3? That should update libgdl as it is developed, should it not?

Regards.