PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problems with compiz

zero_ZX
May 31st, 2011, 08:58 PM
Hi,
Just downloaded and installed ubuntu 11.. It looked awesome :)
I really liked the "unity" plugin thingy. Then I tried to install compiz and my nightmare began.. As every "newbie" I wanted to get those 3-d cubes, so I enabled it, and suddenly all borders and everything was gone. I was like "how do i start apps now.."

Any way, after reinstalling i tried with the classical user interface, here i also got ****** by the same thing happened.
Okay, so I can live without this 3-D cube thingy, but how do i enable the enhanched mvisual effects? Earlier I went to appearence I think, but that tab seems to be (re)moved now.

Any help is much appriciated :)

EDIT: another problem I also come across is that when i try to drag certain applications, it drags another application than the one I'm mouse-overing. It's really frustrating.

wildmanne39
May 31st, 2011, 10:52 PM
Hi,
Just downloaded and installed ubuntu 11.. It looked awesome :)
I really liked the "unity" plugin thingy. Then I tried to install compiz and my nightmare began.. As every "newbie" I wanted to get those 3-d cubes, so I enabled it, and suddenly all borders and everything was gone. I was like "how do i start apps now.."

Any way, after reinstalling i tried with the classical user interface, here i also got ****** by the same thing happened.
Okay, so I can live without this 3-D cube thingy, but how do i enable the enhanched mvisual effects? Earlier I went to appearence I think, but that tab seems to be (re)moved now.

Any help is much appriciated :)

EDIT: another problem I also come across is that when i try to drag certain applications, it drags another application than the one I'm mouse-overing. It's really frustrating.
Hi, it is not there anymore you have to install compiz,ccsm and the plugins, but if you change them with out knowing how to unity you will break it again, if you had asked about the problem you had before you reinstalled in about 5 minutes we could have had you fixed. Here is a guide to getting cube and effects working in natty. http://ubuntu4beginners.blogspot.com/2011/05/enable-desktop-cube-in-unity-ubuntu.html and when you are done with that guide if you decide you want to enable more effects after you activate the unity plugin again it willo mess up windows but just log out and back in and that will fix them, if you need more help post back here,there will be some tweaking you will need to do so it wont lag.