PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] No desktop

bobbykleinveld
May 31st, 2011, 02:32 PM
Hi,

I am running the new 11.04 on a Dell Inspiron laptop together with Windows 7.

When I choose to use Ubuntu, it takes a really long time for the login screen to show, type in my credentials and following I see my destop wallpaper but nothing happens after that.

I rebooted into ubuntu sfae reboot and chose to fix / repair missing files. It told me that it could not connect to the internet and that nothing was changed. I rebooted into normal mode but got the same sequence of events as before the safe reboot...

I have no idea what to do next...

Can someone please help?

Thank you,
Bobby

munzerelli
May 31st, 2011, 02:37 PM
Hi Bobby,
Sorry to herar you are having issues. can you press "alt + f2" to get the run dialogue to appear? if so type "unity --reset" and see if that helps.

bobbykleinveld
May 31st, 2011, 03:09 PM
Hi munzerelli,

A rebooted and cannot even find a place to type "unity --rest" let alone use alt-f2... At the moment I am looking at the menu of the safe boot: Resume normal boot; Repair broken packages (which does not help)...

What should I do?

Thank you
B

imran21799
May 31st, 2011, 03:21 PM
Hi,

I am running the new 11.04 on a Dell Inspiron laptop together with Windows 7.

When I choose to use Ubuntu, it takes a really long time for the login screen to show, type in my credentials and following I see my destop wallpaper but nothing happens after that.

I rebooted into ubuntu sfae reboot and chose to fix / repair missing files. It told me that it could not connect to the internet and that nothing was changed. I rebooted into normal mode but got the same sequence of events as before the safe reboot...

I have no idea what to do next...

Can someone please help?

Thank you,
Bobby

Dear brother please restore the operating system to the initial date

Regards,
imranshahzad-21799
http://www.mobile-phone.pk

bobbykleinveld
May 31st, 2011, 03:28 PM
What do mean and how do I restore the OS to the initial date?

Thank you
B