PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Really need some help!

Malvazar
May 31st, 2011, 04:45 AM
Okay so I've been trying to fix this problem by myself for the past week without any luck......... I've got myself here an NJYTOUCH-KIT installed in my monitor and I know it works just fine. Ubuntu recognizes that it is pluged in and useable, but it is completly uncalibrated. I've tried everything that I can think of and serched for on the web without any luck of getting any kind of calibration programs. I know the company that makes the kit has linux based programs out but I can't get them to install (all the other major linuxs exept for ubuntu http://www.njytouch.com/driverdownload.htm). I would really like for my purchase and hard work in getting in mounted and installed in the monitor to not be in vain. Please somebody has got to know something that will help!?

Malvazar
June 3rd, 2011, 09:06 PM
I could really really use some help on this PLEASE!?

fjgaude
June 4th, 2011, 12:13 AM
Reading their web site I see that they only support Red Hat and Mandrake with .rpm files.

How did you install the program for Ubuntu?

Malvazar
June 4th, 2011, 12:33 AM
I didn't thats the problem. I either need a way to install their program or find another program that is compatible.

fjgaude
June 4th, 2011, 03:30 PM
I don't know of any .deb program that would permit installing the program you have.

One thing is to use a Red Hat type of OS, one that uses the .rpm install program that comes with the program.

That's about all I can offer. There are programs that convert .rpm to .deb but with something that interacts with hardware I sure the conversion wouldn't be good enough to work for your setup.

Copper Bezel
June 5th, 2011, 08:52 AM
Using Fedora might not be the end of the world - Gnome Shell is supposed to be really neat with touch. Still, this configuration stuff doesn't have anything to do with the driver, which is obviously working perfectly well - it just means doing some edits in arcane backwater text files. Entirely above my reading level, but.

A maybe? (http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/xinput_calibrator)

fjgaude
June 5th, 2011, 05:20 PM
Maybe someone will come along who has done the work already and can show how it is done.

Good luck!

Malvazar
June 11th, 2011, 10:02 PM
I was finally able to get the screen to calibrate after much frustration and determination. =D

Copper Bezel
June 11th, 2011, 11:20 PM
Very cool. What method did you use, in case someone else has the same problem?

christoph411
June 11th, 2011, 11:58 PM
Couldn't you also use "Alien" to convert the .rpm to a .deb? :D