PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Strangest screen issue i've ever had.

alexou2648
May 30th, 2011, 07:15 PM
Ok, I updated my system from 10.04 LTS to 10.10 then to 11.04. I updated my ati-driver to 11.5 by generating package and installing them. I switched from Unity desktop to classic gnome desktop without effect, especially for this addictive game, Heroes of Newerth.

So HERE IS MY PROBLEM: on the desktop, but in the game too, when i move the mouse on the bottom right corner, it freezes during a couple of seconds the system. And in fact, each time i roll over this corner with the mouse, it freezes. It's On the other corner of the screen, it's ok. So basically, it's impossible for me to play my game correctly, it just makes lags. And the thing is that i dont get what's wrong at all ???
Help me please.

dnns
June 2nd, 2011, 03:28 PM
It is insane behaviour. Might it be related to buggy Compiz plugins combined with Unity? Looking for a solution as well...

Copper Bezel
June 2nd, 2011, 10:37 PM
I'd hoped that someone else might have an idea on this one - it's quite bizarre. The only thing I could think to check is whether you could possibly have that corner bound (by accident) to a plugin that might itself have a bug. Otherwise, I know that the new Compiz rewrite has had some funny behavior with edge bindings, but thus far, I'd only heard of them being ignored.