PDA

View Full Version : Open source CRM, et al.

machiner
March 2nd, 2005, 04:10 PM
I am trying SugarCRM at the moment and while I like it enough, that's its limitation to me. I only like it enough.

Has anybody any experience with other (OSS) Customer Relationship Managers?

In windows I ran and loved Goldmine, and it also integrated with my website without any code changes. I am thinking that I need a CRM that also handles employees and tracks history of ANY correspondance.

I would like to also have integration between a POS and/or accounting app. There are myriad options for windows - some good some not so good, but I've left windows far behind. My favorites were Atrex (for all the integration but NOT FREE) and RetailICE...which is free to use but costs about $14,000 to integrate and really use. No thanks.

I am opening a services company sometime this spring and of course I can't afford to call IBM and say - "hey, make what I need, here's a check".

I'll need the app to handle billing, inventory, PO's, POP, history, discount schemes and matrices, communication integration, etc...and I want it to tango with me deep into the night...

I'm not looking for something like OSSuite that has a store front end for a website...rather make my own, or use other methods on my site to allow purchasing services...which I probably will NOT have on my site anyway.

I'll be checking the usual OSS spots (the forges, et al.) but was hoping for some input from someone in a similar position.

I want to stay away from using OpenOffice and or add-ons for this purpose...

Regards.

defkewl
March 2nd, 2005, 09:29 PM
Have you tried Compiere yet?

machiner
March 2nd, 2005, 10:05 PM
Don't I have to dwnld and install/figure Oracledb for that? I think Compiere is too VAST for my needs, but yes, something like it.

Thanks for your response.

us3rQUE
April 29th, 2005, 10:58 PM
Using sugarCRM w/ Firefox & Mozilla on ubuntu I cannot see the Text for the graphs under "My Pipeline" within sugarCRM.

(http://www.sugarcrm.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2430&highlight=ubuntu)

suspect issues w/ CSS & Ubuntu firefox. :? maybe???

Planning on removing Ubuntu ver. of Firefox for Mozilla Official. - :mad:

TravisNewman
April 29th, 2005, 10:59 PM
"Mozilla Official?"

You DO know that Firefox is official right? Made by the same people who made the Mozilla Suite?

us3rQUE
May 5th, 2005, 05:55 PM
Ok, ubuntu's Firefox is the same as Mozilla's offical release. / also upgrading to Firefox 103 still didn't fix the problem.
Could it be a plugin issue? / I'll have to research this further when I have time. ](*,)

us3rQUE
May 5th, 2005, 08:50 PM
Ok, something's funky with the "flash-plugin" that was auto installed into firefox. / going to remove the flash plugin and re-install manually. :neutral:

poofyhairguy
May 5th, 2005, 11:00 PM
[QUOTE=machiner
Has anybody any experience with other (OSS) Customer Relationship Managers?

[/QUOTE]

No but Google does:

http://www.daffodildb.com/crm/faq-general.html

http://www.btrack.com/CRM-Customer-Relationship-Management-Software-Facts.htm

http://www.roseindia.net/opensource/erpcrminjava.php

paretooptimum
November 28th, 2005, 08:47 PM
I have been playing around with SugarCRM and vTiger. vTiger seems the better one for my needs, but I haven't gone live with either. I'm still playing around with it on a windows box, as I can't find a debian installer. Maybe I will ask (beg) a MOTU to put it in universe.

www.vtiger.com

vTiger is a fork of SugarCRM, who have changed their license to a non-free one, while vTiger is MPL.

KingBahamut
November 28th, 2005, 09:27 PM
Vtiger and SugarCRM are pretty decent yes, but to me too much bloated.

Something more themeable and more configurable would be CRM-CTT. Ive got it running as my wifes Contact and Admin Database at their office. Its pretty solid in nature.

http://crm-ctt.sourceforge.net/

Hidde F. The dev is a level headed guy too. Very helpful.

niceguy123
September 7th, 2007, 12:43 PM
Any news in the area of CRM? What would be a good system to work with?

Thanks

Anthem
September 7th, 2007, 04:31 PM
Ok, ubuntu's Firefox is the same as Mozilla's offical release. / also upgrading to Firefox 103 still didn't fix the problem.
Could it be a plugin issue? / I'll have to research this further when I have time. ](*,)
Ubuntu's Firefox is a tweaked version of Mozilla's Firefox. I don't know if it's still an issue, but it used to be that I'd always install Mozilla's firefox immediately on a new Ubuntu install because the speed difference was noticeable.

The two versions can exist simultaneously, though. Just run the installer you find on the Mozilla website.

niceguy123
September 9th, 2007, 12:30 AM
Ubuntu's Firefox is a tweaked version of Mozilla's Firefox. I don't know if it's still an issue, but it used to be that I'd always install Mozilla's firefox immediately on a new Ubuntu install because the speed difference was noticeable.

The two versions can exist simultaneously, though. Just run the installer you find on the Mozilla website.

Anthem,

Thanks for pointing this out. Would you mind explaining what the tweak is and why it slows down the browser?

I don't know if this is in anyway tied into this issue, but I find the the pre-installed Firefox opens a new window instead of a new tab when I hit a link on a page, even though edit>preferences>tab is checked to open in a new tab.

I downloaded a copy directly from mozilla.com but I don't know how to go about installing it on Ubuntu and don't understand how the two won't be in conflict.

funrider
September 9th, 2007, 07:29 AM
i personally tried sugarcrm and compared it with SF. i think sugar has the same degree of customization as SF and it can handle many daily enterprise functions. it is web based and doesnt require the client to install anything but a browser. i love the import function the most since you can easily merge other db into it.

give it one more try, it is probably the best opensource CRM in the market