PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] natty upgrade, desktop corrupt

jasmann
May 29th, 2011, 08:08 PM
Hi,

Just upgraded to natty, now have several serious problems that make it essentially unusable.

Dual monitors, primary on left. I open Firefox, it opens maximized on left. It can't be resized, therefore I can't move the window around. There does not seem to be any way to get it out of maximized mode. I can toggle full screen and back, that's it. Minimize simply disappears the window.

The new graphical task bar now overlays the maximized Firefox window, obscuring the Back button, making it pretty much unusable, since firefox does not apparently see fit to recognize backspace. In addition, the new Mac-style menu draws on top of the browser address bar, and does not disappear when the mouse moves away. So I can't enter a URL either.

If I attempt to open the text editor it opens over the firefox window, maximized. Of course I want to see them both, not replace one with the other. Even if I wanted to alt-tab, it does not switch between them.

I am not a power user type. If resolving this will take a lot of fiddling around, I would prefer to revert to the prior version. Anyone can tell me how to do so will be much appreciated.

mörgæs
May 30th, 2011, 09:53 AM
Hi, there are some link at the top of this post which might help:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1580857

Going back to 10.10 is also a good option. I am staying with this one as long as it is supported.