PDA

View Full Version : Where do you keep your wallet?

NMFTM
May 29th, 2011, 06:16 PM
Where do you normally carry your wallet? As in, greater than 50% of the time.

Always my front left pocket. Except during winter where it's usually in my jacket pocket.

Back pockets are just asking for it to be stolen.

kostkon
May 29th, 2011, 06:19 PM
Always my front left pocket.
Front right pocket! Left one is for the keys.

Back pockets are just asking for it to be stolen.
I agree, although I usually put my mobile in the left back pocket :(

CraigPaleo
May 29th, 2011, 06:29 PM
Front left pocket.

tgm4883
May 29th, 2011, 06:34 PM
Where is the "Is this social engineering? Are you trying to rob me?!? option"

j/k, front right pocket. I use to keep it in my back right pocket but I started to notice occasional pain in my lower back, after switching I haven't had the issue. I'd like to think it's because I have so much money, but likely it is due to the amount of stuff in there.

http://www.magnificentbastard.com/images/pics/costanza-wallet.jpg

tjwoosta
May 29th, 2011, 06:39 PM
Back right pocket. Where I live there is practially no threat of it being stolen, and my pockets are tight enough that it cant fall out. Been carying it this way for 15 years without issue.

LowSky
May 29th, 2011, 06:41 PM
Left rear end pocket. My wallet has never been stolen. To be fair money is not kept in my wallet, its just cards and identification. money is kept in one of my front pockets.

CraigPaleo
May 29th, 2011, 06:41 PM
Where is the "Is this social engineering? Are you trying to rob me?!? option"

j/k, front left pocket. I use to keep it in my back right pocket but I started to notice occasional pain in my lower back, after switching I haven't had the issue. I'd like to think it's because I have so much money, but likely it is due to the amount of stuff in there.

http://www.magnificentbastard.com/images/pics/costanza-wallet.jpg

That's the same reason I have.

drawkcab
May 30th, 2011, 06:08 AM
Front pockets after dealing with the pickpocketers in London. Also I've switched from a full wallet to a much smaller, slimmer set up that carries money plus a few cards.

GWBouge
May 30th, 2011, 06:41 AM
Back Right, never had any issues. I pretty much always wear cargo's ... Left Leg -> Smokes; Right Leg -> Phone/Extra Smokes; Right Front -> Change; Left Front -> Keys; Right Rear -> Wallet; Left Rear -> Nothing. Anything extra (flash drives, bits of paper, tools, whatever) just gets crammed in whatever leg has the least crap in it at the time.

Wow, I can't even remember when I started arranging stuff like that, but it only seems right by now.

polardude1983
May 30th, 2011, 07:53 AM
I know they say its better to keep your wallet in your front pocket or the inside of your jacket but I just don't do that. Front left pocket is iphone, front right pocket is keys and change, back right pocket is wallet and back left pocket is empty. I just wear normal blue jeans.

I'm more likely to leave my wallet somewhere then it actually fall out or get stolen.

Paqman
May 30th, 2011, 09:49 AM
Front pockets after dealing with the pickpocketers in London.

I remember worrying about this when I first moved to London, but tbh the only people I've ever heard of having their pocket picked is tourists, and then only third-hand. Does it really happen? I've known people to have bags/pockets/phones nicked in the pub, and bags/phones snatched on the street, but not actually picked out of a pocket.

handy
May 30th, 2011, 09:57 AM
& what's your address?

CraigPaleo
May 30th, 2011, 10:24 AM
& what's your address?

We have enough info. We'll start in London. You hold a gun to their back, distracting them, and I'll pull the wallet out of the front pocket. :)

CharlesA
May 30th, 2011, 02:52 PM
Front right pocket! Left one is for the keys.

Same here. I blame being right-handed.

CraigPaleo
May 30th, 2011, 04:35 PM
Same here. I blame being right-handed.
I'm right-handed but keep it in my left front pocket because I use my left hand to hold it and my right hand to go through it.

arpanaut
May 30th, 2011, 05:41 PM
I always keep my wallet left hand accessible, because I always want my right hand to be free to access my GUN!

NMFTM
May 30th, 2011, 07:35 PM
I always keep my wallet left hand accessible, because I always want my right hand to be free to access my GUN!
Not to derail (maybe this warrants another thread), but what gun do you carry?

Andreawws
May 30th, 2011, 07:41 PM
back right > wallet (Inside jacket if winter)
back left > empty
front right > phone (and occasionally other misc stuff
front left > keys, misc stuff
other/misc pockets > any object that happens to fit there
right ear > pen/pencil (If it won't fit anywhere else)

Fedz
May 30th, 2011, 08:11 PM
Voted: I don't have/carry a wallet

Never had one & never will.
I keep notes folded in the little slip/tab pocket above the right hand pocket in (most) jeans or down my sock. Coins in normal pocket but, it's rare I have money as I use debit card everywhere :)

and1bskbl72
May 30th, 2011, 08:29 PM
Most of the time when i'm in the car I put it in the top center console and then grab the card I'm going to use and leave the wallet in the car so I don't lose everything in the event I do lose it.

If I bring my wallet with me somewhere I put it in my left front pocket since i'm a lefty.

Old_Grey_Wolf
May 30th, 2011, 08:33 PM
I keep it in my back left pocket most of the time. When I go to someplace like New York, Rome, Athens, Berlin, London, Buenos Aries, Sidney, and such, where there are crowds of tourists, I keep it in my front left pocket.

If I am not in a crowded tourist zone I don't worry about someone trying to pick my pocket.

I am 188 cm (6 ft 2 in) tall and weigh 96 kg (210 lbs), about the same size as Arnold Schwarzenegger (The Terminator). People normally don't try to annoy me. :)

RiceMonster
May 30th, 2011, 08:40 PM
Just some thoughts:
- Back pocket = easy pick pocket and extreme discomfort due to having to sit on it.
- Coat pocket = easy to neglect it and have it stolen by leaving your jacket unmonitored and forgetting to take it out of your coat pocket.

akand074
May 30th, 2011, 09:24 PM
Back right. 100% of the time. Cell phone in the front right and keys/misc in front left.

oxf
May 30th, 2011, 09:59 PM

Old_Grey_Wolf
May 30th, 2011, 10:53 PM

I actually enjoyed what you originally posted. I wish things were different so you wouldn't feel the need to delete it.

oxf
May 30th, 2011, 10:55 PM
I actually enjoyed what you originally posted. I wish things were different so you wouldn't feel the need to delete it.

Tried to edit it, it's gone. Trying to find it agian

If you have acopy feel free to past back in

uRock
May 30th, 2011, 10:57 PM
I keep mine in my right-rear. I do not sag my pants, as that is a prison trend and I have never been to prison. Thanks to this habit, my back is out of alignment and it feels awkward to drive without it there.

If you have acopy feel free to past back inI PMed you the original content of that post in case you wish to repost it.

oxf
May 30th, 2011, 11:02 PM

Well I don't know where it went.

I said essentially this seemes to be a guys only thread :). I then commented that I stick mine in my smallish purse/handbag (US vs UK English...Purse in UK means coin wallet).

I then commented that some guys are now carrying bags but still some reluctance for the most part.

danbuter
May 30th, 2011, 11:03 PM
When wearing jeans, back right, unless I'm going into a mall or somewhere that I actually have to worry about thieves.

Usually I have cargo pants on, though, so I keep it on my right leg.

Old_Grey_Wolf
May 30th, 2011, 11:03 PM

If you have acopy feel free to past back in

I just sent you a private message with the contents. You can edit it and post it again if you wish.

oxf
May 30th, 2011, 11:05 PM
I just sent you a private message with the contents. You can edit it and post it again if you wish.

OK thanks..

again...

Well reading all the responses I guess this is a male only thread :smile: So mine "lives" in my smallish handbag in which I try to keep the contents under control! I usually carry it across body style for security and have never had a problem. The one time I left it somewhere and drove away it was returned to me hours later with all contents still in place. There'a a triend in recent years for some men to carry bags although still some reluctance by most. How do you guys feel about that?

CharlesA
May 30th, 2011, 11:34 PM
I carry a large "bag" that I use for my netbook, water bottle and whatnot.

Not exactly a manpurse.. but... :p

Old_Grey_Wolf
May 30th, 2011, 11:46 PM
There'a a triend in recent years for some men to carry bags although still some reluctance by most. How do you guys feel about that?

Men have used pouches for several hundred years. They are typically small bags that hung from the belt. I don't think anyone put pockets in men's pants until some time after 1850.

I was a teenager in the 1960's. Quite a few males were using belt pouch bags at the time; however, we were hippies then. I had a belt pouch bag at the time, and I still have it. It is made of soft sheep skin leather, and is big enough to hold my wallet, cell phone (we didn't have those back then), keys, and a few other small things. I don't use it. Pouches are generally not acceptable as male attire at the moment where I live. I actually found it to be quit useful.

CraigPaleo
May 31st, 2011, 01:18 AM
OK thanks..

again...

Well reading all the responses I guess this is a male only thread :smile: So mine "lives" in my smallish handbag in which I try to keep the contents under control! I usually carry it across body style for security and have never had a problem. The one time I left it somewhere and drove away it was returned to me hours later with all contents still in place. There'a a triend in recent years for some men to carry bags although still some reluctance by most. How do you guys feel about that?

If I had to carry a bag, I'd probably opt for a fanny pack (bum bag in UK) or something that stays connected to me.

rpmp
May 31st, 2011, 02:58 AM
front left pocket or my socks drawer.

Kenc3
May 31st, 2011, 02:59 AM
I used to carry in in my left back poclet until it got picked. I moved it to the left front pocket and had my jeans slit with a razor while holding a kid in a movie. (They didn't get the wallet).
Now I carry it in a bag with the zipper on eht side closed to my body. It also has a very strong strap so no one can grab it. My wife usually follows a little behind me if I am carrying anything. Haven't lost one lately.
Also, we don't carry originals of things. We carry copies and will use those for identification. It the originals must be shown, we will provide them on request.
Now that I have said all of this, watch. someone will get to us.

DoktorSeven
May 31st, 2011, 04:38 AM
Wallet back/right
Keys/phone front/left (it's an old phone)
Change front/right

Khakilang
May 31st, 2011, 05:02 AM
Front left pocket is my car key. Front right pocket is my house key. Back left pocket is my hankerchief and that leave my back right pocket for my wallet. Unless I use a waist pouch which I put everything in it.