PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Rolling back to 10.10

Neoranger
May 29th, 2011, 11:51 AM
So... I upgraded to Natty when it came out. The upgrade went smoothly and everything seems to be working, but I'm not satisfied for a number of reasons. It's one of those cases that hardware doesn't seem to work that well with this version of the OS (it's happened before).

So, I was wondering, can I roll back to Karmic without doing a clean install?

mörgæs
May 29th, 2011, 12:16 PM
You can not roll back to any release without doing a clean install.

You mentioned Karmic (9.10), but I assume that you mean Maverick (10.10).

Neoranger
May 29th, 2011, 12:20 PM
Yeah, sorry, I meant Maverick. I was reading something else at the time and got confused. Thanks.

Rubi1200
May 29th, 2011, 02:35 PM
You might want to consider going back to 10.04 since it is supported with updates for longer.

Maverick -- April 2012

Lucid -- April 2013

Bobhuber
May 29th, 2011, 07:27 PM
So... I upgraded to Natty when it came out. The upgrade went smoothly and everything seems to be working, but I'm not satisfied for a number of reasons. It's one of those cases that hardware doesn't seem to work that well with this version of the OS (it's happened before).

So, I was wondering, can I roll back to Karmic without doing a clean install?
Have you tried Natty Classic ? It seems stable once you get everything setup and not much difference from 10.10 .

ivanovnegro
May 29th, 2011, 07:37 PM
I consider also to try a clean install of 11.04, there are so many problems reported with upgrading the system.

Neoranger
May 31st, 2011, 01:08 AM
Have you tried Natty Classic ? It seems stable once you get everything setup and not much difference from 10.10 .
Yup, that's the one I was using (the standard Unity interface just gave me headaches), but the problems remained. They aren't huge (that's why I doubt I'll be bothering with a clean install), but they're there. Most of them have to do with pulseaudio suddenly acting up and occasional CPU spikes that didn't happen before the upgrade.