PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installation of Ubuntu 11.04 or 10.04

zaki2011
May 29th, 2011, 07:55 AM
Hello guys ,

Installation of Ubuntu 11.04 and 10.04

In the past four days , I have tried to install the Ubuntu either from Windows Xp or boot it directly. I was stick on a “purple page” with red and white dots which shows the installation progress that stopped at certain point with no action(frozen). The installation is frozen either I installed 11.04 or 10.04 version. I have tried many options which are on the installation screen ; starting from trying Ubuntu without instillation; then installing Ubuntu, thru all other remaining options. Also, I tried to check out the bottom options which changing the sets of boot such as “nomodest”. I tried all these with no success to diagnose the issue. Moreover, I tried to play with motherboard bios setting , because I thought it might be hardware issues , but wasn’t solved it.

On the other side, I have checked whether the CD was burned correctly or not and tried it on other PC(alongside with Windows 7) and was successfully installed without any problem.

My PC as below :
Windows XP , main system
Pentium 4(3,000)
Ram 1GB,
Built in sound and VGA motherboard.
HD : WD.80Gigabyte( C: primary to Windows and others partition D, E, F)

I am really want to try this new OS; after I am windows user for almost 17 years with no problem I couldn’t solve it. I am a new user in Linux operation systems. I wish guys , to help me to solve it ; cant’s stop thinking that I couldn’t get it done!!!! L

Regards,

mörgæs
May 29th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Hi, welcome to the fora.

It sounds like you need to experiment more with boot options (there are many more than shown on the list). This thread might help you:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1743535

zaki2011
May 29th, 2011, 10:58 AM
Thanks for your reply, I will read the thread, it might
help me!!