PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Cursor doesn't stay red and big; Skype icon is only a pixel big, on top bar.

Nitrozzy7
May 29th, 2011, 05:22 AM
Finally I found out how to REALLY SOLVE this one.
Now that I'm using Linux Mint and only after reading Mint forums the solution became obvious.
Here's how I solved the random or unstable pointer/cursor issue.
First of, open a window as administrator (root). In Mint is easy. Just right click the file and select the 'Open as Amin' option. On other bistros just use this code in Terminal:

gksudo nautilus
The file you need to open as root is located here:
/usr/share/icons

Under "/icons" you'll find all the cursors installed on your system. Open the folder with the cursor's name you like and copy the one folder (named "cursors") and the one "index.theme" script you'll find inside to "/usr/share/icons/default", removing the two similar files inside. Log out and back in and your mad cursor will be cured.

Nitrozzy7
May 29th, 2011, 02:44 PM
Ubuntu 11.04
How to fix this?

Nitrozzy7
May 29th, 2011, 10:27 PM
Please help

Nitrozzy7
May 30th, 2011, 03:45 AM
Anyone?

Nitrozzy7
June 1st, 2011, 03:01 AM
SOLVED
It's amazing how not wanting to see something can change the point of view.
So yeah, it remains unsolved.

Nitrozzy7
July 6th, 2011, 02:02 AM
Finally I found out how to REALLY SOLVE this one.
Now that I'm using Linux Mint and only after reading Mint forums the solution became obvious.
Here's how I solved the random or unstable pointer/cursor issue.
First of, open a window as administrator (root). In Mint is easy. Just right click the file and select the 'Open as Amin' option. On other bistros just use this code in Terminal:

gksudo nautilus
The file you need to open as root is located here:
/usr/share/icons

Under "/icons" you'll find all the cursors installed on your system. Open the folder with the cursor's name you like and copy the one folder (named "cursors") and the one "index.theme" script you'll find inside to "/usr/share/icons/default", removing the two similar files inside. Log out and back in and your mad cursor will be cured.

mindgrind
August 7th, 2011, 01:02 AM
Ubuntu 11.04
How to fix this?

oops. . . bug is identified for Narwhal users. Solution in the making, I hope. . .

https://jira.skype.com/browse/SCL-739