PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Did anyone solve the sound prob in 10.10?

skeebs
May 28th, 2011, 10:47 PM
I've just installed Ubuntu 10.10, noticed there's no sound, looked into it and found there's been loads of reports and issues around this. Scrolling through the information I've got as far as using alasmixer through the terminal as some people found this worked.

When I get it up though I get an error message about there being problems with configurations, the details of which are:

Bad key or directory name: "/apps/gnome-alsamixer/toggle_display_names/TriTech_TR28602-Line_In->Rear_Out": `>' is an invalid character in key/directory names
Bad key or directory name: "/apps/gnome-alsamixer/display_toggles/TriTech_TR28602-Line_In->Rear_Out": `>' is an invalid character in key/directory names

There's loads of routes people have took, lots of discussion to scroll through, but after all that hard work, has anyone discovered nice simple solutions that solved it for the majority of us? My soundcard is detected so is only half the problem as some people had the problem of no soundcard.

BTW I've been following this:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SoundTroubleshootingProcedure

which goes on about posting details up in launchpad. I would have done but I've forgotten my password and for some reason not received my email about setting a new one etc!! So I've come back to here....

Thanks!