PDA

View Full Version : [wubi] Wubi install doesnt work

Chocchief
May 28th, 2011, 04:10 PM
Hello i installed ubuntu desktop 11.04 on my acer aspire one 751h and found that the wifi didnt work. the netbook remix was the same so i went through all the previous releases up until 8.0.4.4 which worked fine on the live cd. so i tried to install but the installer didnt see my main hard drives only the usb i was using to install. so i tried using wubi installer which only left me with this screen when i tried to load up ubuntu
http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/1214/img20110528154334.jpg
Help???:confused:

Rubi1200
May 28th, 2011, 04:15 PM
Hi and welcome to the forums :-)

Do you have a LiveCD or LiveUSB?

If yes, please do the following:

Boot the Ubuntu Live CD/USB. Choose the option "Try Ubuntu without any changes." Once the desktop loads come back here and do the following:

1. Download the boot info script which is in a zipped file. There is a link in my signature.
2. Once downloaded, move the boot info script by either copying or dragging and dropping the zipped folder onto the desktop and unzip the contents by using right-click Extract here.
3. Open the folder and copy the script to the desktop (you can also drag and drop if you like)
4. Open a terminal and run the following command

sudo bash ~/Desktop/boot_info_script.sh

This will create a RESULTS.txt file on the desktop. Paste the entire contents of that file back here in a new post. Once pasted highlight all text and click the # sign on the toolbar to place code tags around the text.

Chocchief
May 28th, 2011, 04:58 PM
Heres the results.txt:

Boot Info Script 0.60 from 17 May 2011

============================= Boot Info Summary: ===============================

=> Syslinux MBR (3.61-4.03) is installed in the MBR of /dev/sdb.

sdb1: __________________________________________________ ________________________

File system: vfat
Boot sector type: SYSLINUX 4.03 2010-10-22 ........>..sr>..........9...0...~.....~...f...M.f.f....f..0~....>E}.u......
Boot sector info: Syslinux looks at sector 1467712 of /dev/sdb1 for its
second stage. SYSLINUX is installed in the directory.
The integrity check of the ADV area failed. No errors
found in the Boot Parameter Block.
Operating System:
Boot files: /syslinux.cfg /ldlinux.sys

============================ Drive/Partition Info: =============================

Drive: sdb __________________________________________________ ___________________

Disk /dev/sdb: 4041 MB, 4041211904 bytes
255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 491 cylinders, total 7892992 sectors
Units = sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
Disk identifier: 0x0006e8dc

Partition Boot Start Sector End Sector # of Sectors Id System

/dev/sdb1 * 63 7,892,991 7,892,929 b W95 FAT32

"blkid" output: __________________________________________________ ______________

Device UUID TYPE LABEL

/dev/loop0 squashfs
/dev/sdb1 EAC4-4273 vfat

================================ Mount points: =================================

Device Mount_Point Type Options

============================== sdb1/syslinux.cfg: ==============================

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
default menu.c32
prompt 0
menu title UNetbootin
timeout 100

label unetbootindefault
menu label Default
kernel /ubnkern
append initrd=/ubninit file=/cdrom/preseed/ubuntu.seed boot=casper quiet splash --

label ubnentry0
menu label ^Try Ubuntu without any change to your computer
kernel /casper/vmlinuz
append initrd=/casper/initrd.gz file=/cdrom/preseed/ubuntu.seed boot=casper quiet splash --

label ubnentry1
menu label ^Install Ubuntu
kernel /casper/vmlinuz
append initrd=/casper/initrd.gz file=/cdrom/preseed/ubuntu.seed boot=casper only-ubiquity quiet splash --

label ubnentry2
menu label ^Check CD for defects
kernel /casper/vmlinuz
append initrd=/casper/initrd.gz boot=casper integrity-check quiet splash --

label ubnentry3
menu label Test ^memory
kernel /install/mt86plus
append initrd=/ubninit -

label ubnentry4
menu label ^Boot from first hard disk
kernel /ubnkern
append initrd=/ubninit -

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

================= sdb1: Location of files loaded by Syslinux: ==================

GiB - GB File Fragment(s)

?? = ?? ldlinux.sys
?? = ?? menu.c32
?? = ?? syslinux.cfg

============== sdb1: Version of COM32(R) files used by Syslinux: ===============

menu.c32 : COM32R module (v4.xx)

========= Devices which don't seem to have a corresponding hard drive: =========

sda

=============================== StdErr Messages: ===============================

/home/ubuntu/Desktop/boot_info_script.sh: line 1579: [: 2.73495e+09: integer expression expected

Rubi1200
May 28th, 2011, 05:45 PM
This shows the results for the USB stick (I assume) and not the hard-drive where you are trying to install.

Do you have Windows installed in a RAID array or some other non-regular configuration?

What does this command from the LiveUSB show?

sudo fdisk -l

(lowercase L not 1)