PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Hope yet for the dual monitor

sectshun8
May 28th, 2011, 03:06 PM
I had all but figured I was mostly screwed when it came to the using Natty in a dual monitor setup... especially when I tried extending my workspace to the Samsung SynMaster 941MP LCD TV I had in my room here at work (I work on a ship). All sorta of stupid effects were happening and it just wasn't going to work how I had hoped.

Fast forward to now, in my office I went and pulled a ViewSonic VG2027wm 20" widescreen monitor and what do you know... it operates flawless for what I want. Granted, at some of the higher more "square" resolutions it still acts wonky, but with my Netbook set for 1024 x 600 and the 20" monitor set for 1024 x 768 I get exactly what I want... just need to mount this baby on my wall and once again I can watch movies in my room whilst comfortably lounging in bed :KS

I also found it quite awesome that when the screensaver comes on (GLSlideshow) that each monitor displays a different image... I'm so used to both monitors either showing the same image, or an image floating between them... very cool :)