PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] No running htop entry in Unity's launcher.

cdysthe
May 28th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Hi,

htop is my preferred system monitor, but I have a problem with it in Unity: When I open htop from the Applications lens there's no entry in the launcher added for it. This means I can't add it permanently to the launcher. It may have to do with it being a terminal based program, but I was wondering if there is a way to get it permanently added to the launcher?

Larkspur
May 28th, 2011, 01:57 PM
This should work:

Through Main Menu or right-clicking on the desktop create a launcher. The command to give it should be "gnome-terminal -e htop." Change the icon to the system monitor one to save confusion with the terminal. Launch it and you should be able to stick it to the launcher bar.

stinkeye
May 28th, 2011, 02:32 PM
...or uninstall then reinstall through the software center
and you will be given an option to add a launcher.

wildmanne39
May 29th, 2011, 06:27 AM
Hi,

htop is my preferred system monitor, but I have a problem with it in Unity: When I open htop from the Applications lens there's no entry in the launcher added for it. This means I can't add it permanently to the launcher. It may have to do with it being a terminal based program, but I was wondering if there is a way to get it permanently added to the launcher?

Hi, here is a guide to use to create a icon to put in the launcher for terminal apps. It is under Launcher and Quick Lists in the power users guide, click on it in my signature below this text and scroll down the page and you will see what you are looking for.