View Full Version : sudo apt-get install windowsxp

Biltong (Dee)
May 15th, 2006, 07:16 PM
I found this typed into the terminal.
(House full of M$ cult members)
So sad.

Kvark
May 15th, 2006, 07:22 PM
I wish it was that easy to install Windows XP and Windows programs.

lapsey
May 15th, 2006, 07:23 PM
M$ cult members

i'd believe you if you hadn't found it typed into a terminal

Biltong (Dee)
May 15th, 2006, 07:30 PM
M$ cult people are crafty and cunning. They also learn quick.

BoyOfDestiny
May 15th, 2006, 07:36 PM
M$ cult people are crafty and cunning. They also learn quick.

Time to install some BSOD screensavers on their machines?

Are they very savvy users? I've seen ordinary people flip out when their start bar has "mysteriously" moved (click and drag).

DigitalDuality
May 15th, 2006, 07:37 PM
hmm

RavenOfOdin
May 15th, 2006, 07:42 PM
i'd believe you if you hadn't found it typed into a terminal

I second that.

Biltong (Dee)
May 15th, 2006, 07:46 PM
Time to install some BSOD screensavers on their machines?

Are they very savvy users? I've seen ordinary people flip out when their start bar has "mysteriously" moved (click and drag).

Funny thing - Running Dapper now, and the one thing I REALLY MISS is the BSOD screensaver that Breezy has. It used to really freak out any non-Linux person in the room. :)

KingBahamut
May 15th, 2006, 07:48 PM
Try to keep the Anti-MS flak down everyone =).

mips
May 15th, 2006, 08:06 PM
(Dee) could be a lady... ;)

Reshin
May 15th, 2006, 08:09 PM
(Dee) could be a lady... ;)
LIES! There are no women on teh internets!

mcduck
May 15th, 2006, 08:14 PM
Funny thing - Running Dapper now, and the one thing I REALLY MISS is the BSOD screensaver that Breezy has. It used to really freak out any non-Linux person in the room. :)
It's in dapper too. If you don't have it, try installing xscreensaver-data-extra package. And while you're at it, youd better also install xscreensaver-gl-extra and rss-glx packages :D

jason.b.c
May 15th, 2006, 08:15 PM
I wish it was that easy to install Windows XP and Windows programs.

And what exactly is so hard about it..?????:-k

Look down
\/
\/

easyease
May 15th, 2006, 09:05 PM
it takes a lot longer than ubuntu to get into a fit and secure state that's for sure.

thagame
May 15th, 2006, 09:19 PM
did i miss the point to this thread or is it another lame reason why windows users hate linux users (lack of enough intelligence to let people pick what goes on thier pc without someone talking smack about it)

Biltong (Dee)
May 15th, 2006, 09:31 PM
In answer to the guessing - yes, I AM a lady, and yes, there are more of us out here than you would ever think!!
I'm not putting MS down (not really) and the apt-get windowsxp really did happen. Like a lot of people I write everything down in a note book next to the computer and the terminal was left running cos Dapper gets updates each evening.
It didn't take much genius to figure out what to enter. Sad for them that it didn't work! :-)
I took it as the joke it was.

mips
May 15th, 2006, 09:40 PM
In answer to the guessing - yes, I AM a lady, and yes, there are more of us out here than you would ever think!!

I was like 75% certain but you know what they say about assumptions...

Wallakoala
May 15th, 2006, 09:52 PM

Actually, you can get the BSOD screensaver in dapper. I use it now...

sudo apt-get install xscreensaver-data-extra

I am fairly sure that is what you have to install in order to get it working. After that, go into the screensaver chooser and it should be there.

Biltong (Dee)
May 15th, 2006, 10:07 PM
Thanks!!
Operation Grey-Hair is now back in business.
It always takes a MS person a second or two to realise it is the Linux compuer displaying the BSOD and not their own.
It's a nasty trick to play but the expressions are worth it...

Kvark
May 15th, 2006, 10:24 PM
It always takes a MS person a second or two to realise it is the Linux compuer displaying the BSOD and not their own.
Lol, by now they must think Linux is as stable as jelly since the Linux computer BSODs all the time.

curuxz
May 15th, 2006, 10:46 PM
a few years ago I saw a video of a gnome desktop and a windows user trying to move the task bar down to the bottom, but every time they did it jumped back up to the top and said "no, try harder noob" lmao wish i could find it on your tube still :( if anyone runs into it please link

MenZa
May 16th, 2006, 08:36 AM
LIES! There are no women on teh internets!

*cough* (http://www.ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=76) :D