PDA

View Full Version : [lubuntu] Tiny unreadable text!

TNAFan
May 27th, 2011, 05:30 AM
So, I installed Lubuntu on the side of my Xubuntu installation and logged out and went into it. I immediately fell in love with it, and started customizing all sorts of things. Then I restarted the computer. Well, after the restart something I did must have did something I didn't want, because now all system text is too tiny to be read. Does anyone know what I did and what I can do to fix it? I honestly have no idea unfortunately.

wildmanne39
May 27th, 2011, 06:14 AM
So, I installed Lubuntu on the side of my Xubuntu installation and logged out and went into it. I immediately fell in love with it, and started customizing all sorts of things. Then I restarted the computer. Well, after the restart something I did must have did something I didn't want, because now all system text is too tiny to be read. Does anyone know what I did and what I can do to fix it? I honestly have no idea unfortunately.
Hi, it is probably a theme you installed, you should be able to right click on the desktop click on change background and there should be a tab for font at the top of that window,click it and make your fonts larger.

kerry_s
May 27th, 2011, 06:25 AM
Preferences-> customize look & feel
There's several things you can change the font of.

TNAFan
May 27th, 2011, 06:19 PM
Everything looks normal there. I did notice that it only happens when I first log in (I have auto-login) if I log out and log back in, everything appears normal.

kerry_s
May 27th, 2011, 07:19 PM
Everything looks normal there. I did notice that it only happens when I first log in (I have auto-login) if I log out and log back in, everything appears normal.

it happens every time you boot?

TNAFan
May 28th, 2011, 05:23 AM
it happens every time you boot?

Yep

kerry_s
May 28th, 2011, 06:09 AM
Yep

could it be a resolution problem? maybe go into the monitor settings & click save.

can you press print & attach the screen shot when you first boot.

Mantle
May 31st, 2012, 07:21 AM
I was having this problem under 11.04 and confirm it's still happening under 12.04. It's not a customization issue as I booted from the 12.04 install CD and the issue is still there. The font is so tiny that the GUI is unusable. Is there a way to correct this via remote shell or something?

Rex Bouwense
May 31st, 2012, 01:13 PM
In Lubuntu I believe you can achieve what you want by going to:
Preferences->Customize Look and Feel.
Then click Default font size. Choose what you want and then apply.