PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Gnome3 theme gone

higashi
May 27th, 2011, 04:28 AM
My update manager popped up today and requested that I do a partial upgrade, so I did.

After this partial upgrade I noticed some changes in Gnome 3:

-my touch pad disables while typing, which i usually like, but it disables for way too long afterward (so i disabled this feature)

-the Gnome 3 theme is gone. I first noticed this when my background was just blue, and then noticed more when all my programs looked hideous. I went to Desktop Background settings in an attempt to set it back to the default background, but it wasn't even there. As for the theme, I don't even know how to go about fixing that.

-everything was slower. this, however, may just be because it was my first boot after the update (or maybe my imagination). this isn't a big issue.

My main problem is with the theme. How can I get the default Gnome 3 theme back? I tried searching google for the default theme, figuring that i would just download and install it, but I couldn't find it.

Also, how can I get my touch pad to disable while I'm typing, but for a reasonable amount of time?

TIA

maverick280857
May 27th, 2011, 06:13 AM
-the Gnome 3 theme is gone. I first noticed this when my background was just blue, and then noticed more when all my programs looked hideous. I went to Desktop Background settings in an attempt to set it back to the default background, but it wasn't even there. As for the theme, I don't even know how to go about fixing that.

If you were using user theme extensions, then this post might help

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=10865905&postcount=84

Basically you have to update the shell-version attribute of each extension you wish to use with the new gnome shell version 3.0.2 (which the partial upgrade seems to have gotten us to).

higashi
May 27th, 2011, 09:03 PM
Thanks, but I don't understand any of this lol.

Can someone please provide me with the exact steps to take please?

higashi
May 28th, 2011, 05:38 PM
solved using this page (http://nirajsk.wordpress.com/2011/04/27/upgrading-to-gnome3-ppa-on-natty-resolved/)

one thing it didnt mention is to change the "current theme" in the Windows section of gnome tweak to Adwaita