PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Windows Installation on Ubuntu 10.10

dumplingz
May 27th, 2011, 01:19 AM
Hello, I have now 3 laptops and 2 of them are running Linux. One of the laptop, I now require for business use so I have to re-install windows on it. I have downloaded Windows 7 ISO image and made my USB bootable. My laptop is a Compaq CQ42,, when i plress ESC on the boot up menu, and when i select the boot option saying (Imation flash disk) where the window 7 ISO is extracted. When i press it, the screen goes black fot few seceonds and then boots up to my original Linux. My HDD has been wiped when i installed Linux on the first place.

PLS Help

THx

Hedgehog1
May 27th, 2011, 06:07 AM
For your situation, I belive you will need to burn the Windows ISO to a DVD, and then boot from the DVD.

Please note that you need to use the 'Create DVD from ISO' option, as an ISO file is a whole CD or DVD compressed into a single file. The 'Create DVD from ISO' decompresses and make a complete disk again.

If the disk you create has the ISO file just sitting on it, it will not work and will not boot.

I believe that your USB has the ISO file sitting on it - and that will not boot.

The Hedge

:KS