PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Flash only seems to work on youtube (10.10)

senca
May 26th, 2011, 09:44 PM
Hey everyone,

I'm having this problem for a while now.
I used to use FF but for some reason, watching stuff online like, youtube, dailymotion, break,...you name it...didn't work properly. Most off the time the player stayed gray.

So then I tried chrome. Youtube works well under chrome (only sometimes the sound and video 'shocks') but on any other site I cannot watch videos. I always update and upgrade but it just won't work. I have the flashplugin installed sow something must be wrong that I cannot find.

Does anyone have some help with this?

I would make me very happy!

beew
May 26th, 2011, 09:57 PM
Install the flash-aid addon for Firefox and run the script and see what happens.

senca
May 27th, 2011, 06:46 PM
Wow that solved everything! I don't know what was wrong before but it removed some packages and replaced them. Now even the photobucket uploader works!

Thanks for the help!

I'll try to fix chrome on a later basis. I don't think that one won't be fixed that easily. :)

beew
May 27th, 2011, 07:49 PM
It should work for Chrome now because flash-aid optimizes flash for the whole system, you need FF to run it but the effect is not limited to FF.

Yeah, flash-aid is amazing and it is developed by lovinglinux who is a regular on this forum. I am surprised this addon is not more widely known as I still see many posts telling new users to install flash from the repository or manually from Adobe's site.

lovinglinux
May 27th, 2011, 08:29 PM
It should work for Chrome now because flash-aid optimizes flash for the whole system, you need FF to run it but the effect is not limited to FF.

Indeed. But if you are you using Chrome 32bit, then you will have to disable the version that is bundled with Chrome, so it can load the one installed by Flash-Aid. You can do that by accessing about:plugins from the address bar.

Yeah, flash-aid is amazing and it is developed by lovinglinux who is a regular on this forum. I am surprised this addon is not more widely known as I still see many posts telling new users to install flash from the repository or manually from Adobe's site.

Thanks for your comments. I guess some users prefer the manual way. But I constantly update Flash-Aid to make easier for new users and powerful to the old ones. Currently it has a growing average of 18.000 daily users. :-)

senca
May 27th, 2011, 08:55 PM
Indeed. But if you are you using Chrome 32bit, then you will have to disable the version that is bundled with Chrome, so it can load the one installed by Flash-Aid. You can do that by accessing about:plugins from the address bar.

Thanks for your comments. I guess some users prefer the manual way. But I constantly update Flash-Aid to make easier for new users and powerful to the old ones. Currently it has a growing average of 18.000 daily users. :-)

I'm more then happy with this. This problem was bugging me for months. And now a 2 second solution.

Huge thumbs up for you lovinglinux!

lovinglinux
May 27th, 2011, 09:05 PM
I'm more then happy with this. This problem was bugging me for months. And now a 2 second solution.

Huge thumbs up for you lovinglinux!