PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] The make my *buntu look like OSX/MAC thread

Cheetah05
May 26th, 2011, 09:36 PM
Now I've done some searching on these forums and the googling and all the transformation packs are outdated and quite frankly look quite rubbish.

I'm not looking to make my ubuntu look exactly like Snow Leopard but simply take some of the OSX philosophies and apply them to my ubuntu.

Things I've done so far:

- Turn the font size down to size 9 for all fonts.
- Remove boldness from the title font.
- Use Nautilus elementary to make navigating the file system look simpler, you can remove as much or as little stuff as you lie.
- Enable breadcrums in nautilus elementary aswell.
- Apply elementary theme.
- Expose and things like that can easily be done with Compiz.

Attached is as close as I can get it.

Things I need:
- What fonts does Snow Leopard use for each part of the system? Can I get them for Ubuntu?
- Decent OSX-like icons? Not cartoony ones like Ubuntu.
- Decent OSX-like theme? For the borders and menu bar?
- Is it possible to make the Global Menu for Unity visible all the time?

Anyone got any input?

ebasa
May 26th, 2011, 09:39 PM
It would be easier to just use OSX if that is what you want.

3Miro
May 26th, 2011, 09:41 PM
Many of the transformation packs might be outdated, but you should still be able to take various components out of them. GTK theme, Metacity/Compiz theme, Fonts, Icons and Wallpapers are some of the things that haven't changes in a long time, so the outdated transformation packs should have what it takes to adjust those.

lykwydchykyn
May 26th, 2011, 09:45 PM
Try the oxygen icon theme. It was designed for KDE, but it has a rather OSX-ish aesthetic.

Here's what they look like: http://www.oxygen-icons.org/?cat=3

Cheetah05
May 26th, 2011, 10:13 PM
It would be easier to just use OSX if that is what you want.

Thats not what I want....there are just certain things I want to take from OSX and use on Ubuntu (what I want)

Cheetah05
May 26th, 2011, 11:02 PM
Many of the transformation packs might be outdated, but you should still be able to take various components out of them. GTK theme, Metacity/Compiz theme, Fonts, Icons and Wallpapers are some of the things that haven't changes in a long time, so the outdated transformation packs should have what it takes to adjust those.

Most of them look horrible though (the themes and icons)