PDA

View Full Version : Any UFO Hunters or Enthusiast here?

Bandit
May 26th, 2011, 03:18 AM
Was wondering if there were any UFO Hunters or Enthusiast here in the forums?

krapp
May 26th, 2011, 03:19 AM
Ah extraterrestrials haven't visited Earth I assure you.

Tibuda
May 26th, 2011, 03:20 AM
wow, how can you be so sure?

Bandit
May 26th, 2011, 03:26 AM
Ah extraterrestrials haven't visited Earth I assure you.

Wouldnt be to sure of that. I have actually had a close encounter and stood 30ft from the craft only to watch it slowly lift up with no sound and then followed it for 5 miles in my car to watch it shoot up into space. Seriously no lies. Didnt see no ET tho..

rpmp
May 26th, 2011, 03:35 AM
im pretty sure that whatever that was, even if it was an alien it be no ET.

cymbaline42
May 26th, 2011, 03:39 AM
Wouldnt be to sure of that. I have actually had a close encounter and stood 30ft from the craft only to watch it slowly lift up with no sound and then followed it for 5 miles in my car to watch it shoot up into space. Seriously no lies. Didnt see no ET tho..

That's amazing! Did you film it? Where was this?

Timmer1240
May 26th, 2011, 03:51 AM
I was abducted by Aliens it wasnt too bad except they Probed me I could live without gettin probed!

Bandit
May 26th, 2011, 03:53 AM
That's amazing! Did you film it? Where was this?

I wished I could have. It was about 17 years ago when I was 15. Friends and I were out on dirt roads shooting at rabbits with 22 riffles and when we came upon it we thought at first it was just a tractor in the edge of the field next to the road. Heat gets pretty bad here in August so many farmers do maintenance plowing at night. But it had way to many lights and was very bright. That and tractors are not normally known to float-n-fly.. lol

krapp
May 26th, 2011, 03:55 AM

Sure you did.

At any rate, abductions are simply 20th-century dream scenarios, though perhaps more terrifying than being late for an exam or seeing your mother naked.

Don't ask me how it's happened but the Man (not the best vocabulary, but I'm afraid my ideal one would make little sense) has managed to funnel a lot of subversive, critical energy down into the loony bin by making ET conspiracies attractive to certain types. It's most unfortunate.

xaegis
May 26th, 2011, 03:58 AM
http://magisterrex.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/blogxcombattlescape1.gif

?

Bandit
May 26th, 2011, 04:01 AM
Sure you did.
Hey I have nothing to gain from saying what I seen. All I can honestly say is that it was Unidentified, it Flew and it was something "Object". Doesnt mean ET flew home that night.

But one thing I want argue with that your not far from the truth. IMHO 99% of the crap in the tabloids and internet is fake. Its the 1% real UFO hunters look for. Trust me I am not like Bill Burns, I like old Bill but he thinks everything is ET in nature..

krapp
May 26th, 2011, 04:05 AM
Let me put it this way:

from a Freudian perspective abductions/encounters are easily read as flags for repressions of traumatic memories.

uRock
May 26th, 2011, 04:06 AM
I have seen quite a few UFOs. I see them often.

NovaAesa
May 26th, 2011, 04:09 AM
I see them all the time :)

LOL, I kid.

uRock
May 26th, 2011, 04:10 AM
Let me put it this way:

from a Freudian perspective abductions/encounters are easily read as flags for repressions of traumatic memories.

Are you able to identify to make, model, origin and destination of every aircraft in the sky?

krapp
May 26th, 2011, 04:24 AM
Are you able to identify to make, model, origin and destination of every aircraft in the sky?

Of course not.

zealibib slaughter
May 26th, 2011, 04:38 AM
i am a paranormal investigator and although i personally dont believe in aliens i have seen alot of things that i cant exactly explain. I have yet to see anything i would call proof of aliens but i have seen ghosts.

uRock
May 26th, 2011, 04:51 AM
I believe there are extraterrestrial life forms, but I don't believe they have been here.

Bandit
May 26th, 2011, 04:53 AM
Of course not.
I am prior military and have flown in many and seen even more aircraft still in the testing phase. That being said, I feel confident I can pick out most aircraft flying around. But their is always those few that dont follow the norm. Well it being flight patterns or the use of non commercial lighting schemes that are FAA regulated for all aircraft from private to military. Perfect example is that all aircraft must have Red and Green lights to designate Port and Starboard on any craft..

krapp
May 26th, 2011, 04:53 AM
i am a paranormal investigator and although i personally dont believe in aliens i have seen alot of things that i cant exactly explain. I have yet to see anything i would call proof of aliens but i have seen ghosts.

Aliens are 20th-century ghost stories. Which is to say neither exist factually.

Bandit
May 26th, 2011, 04:58 AM
That is your opinion. Besides you seem focused on Aliens debate which this thread is not about. Also this thread is not to debate UFOs either. This thread however is asking for members who are UFO hunters to introduce them self with the potential to start conversation. If you wish to argue the existence I will accept that, but you need to post solid evidence in a constructive manner. Please dont blindly call everyone lairs, its very rude.

zealibib slaughter
May 26th, 2011, 04:59 AM

i would have to beg to differ on the ghosts. I use not to believe in any of that and thought it was all bs. One of my friends dragged me along once to a ghost hunt and i actually captured a unseen figure on my camcorder. Thats why i became a pi in the first place.

Bandit
May 26th, 2011, 05:00 AM
Very nice. I have seen many things I can not fully describe that steer more toward paranormal.

zealibib slaughter
May 26th, 2011, 05:08 AM
i consider ufo hunter to also be under the umbrella of paranormal investigation. I would love to be able to seriously investigate ufos but they seem not to like my area. What few strange sightings seen around here can be easily dismissed by lockheed having a repair facility here.

Bandit
May 26th, 2011, 05:11 AM
@ ZS, I feel ya on that one. Plenty of paranormal around here in the south, but have to go much further down to Florida for any real UFO research.

Antarctica32
May 26th, 2011, 05:14 AM
I swear, i was abducted by aliens! little green men from Alpha Centari. And there were these pointed eared daemons who insisted that I was illogical. And these robot cyborgs from the planet Skaro, who wanted to destroy Earth. And then a space station as large as a small moon that could destroy planets in an instant, especially if you didn't give them the location of your base. Yeh man, I've seen it all.

zealibib slaughter
May 26th, 2011, 05:15 AM
agreed fla or out west. I really want to take a trip out to texas since it seems to be a hot spot for both ghosts and ufos.

Bandit
May 26th, 2011, 05:16 AM
I swear, i was abducted by aliens! ....
LOL this is what happens when you play WoW while tripping on acid.. lol j/k..

Bandit
May 26th, 2011, 05:18 AM
agreed fla or out west. I really want to take a trip out to texas since it seems to be a hot spot for both ghosts and ufos.

When I got out of the military I had to drive down from Reno NV to Vegas to eventually get on Hwy40 and drive home. On the way down from Reno to Vegas though we had to take the "UFO Highway" and I want lie, I was driving like hell to make it to Vegas before dark.. LOL

cymbaline42
May 26th, 2011, 05:19 AM
I fear Stephen Hawking might be right: http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/stephen-hawkings-universe-fear-the-aliens.html

Perhaps it's better if they (or we) remain unidentified.

zealibib slaughter
May 26th, 2011, 05:23 AM
lol @bandit. I cant say i blame you. Ive been many places that had me ready to run. Long before i took an intrest in this kind of stuff i drove to california and of course went through texas. I was at the alamo near dusk and even though i didnt believe at the time i couldnt wait to get out of there.

Antarctica32
May 26th, 2011, 05:31 AM
to be honest, i don't believe aliens exist at all. And please nobody try to tell me about all the trillions and trillions of solar systems and all the chances for life and crap. I did a report/powerpoint (and no i didn't use windows) once on the Drake equation. My science teacher made me do it so he would make me believe in the possibility of ET. We would argue our different views about the subject until finally he told me to give a presentation on it. So i did and i still don't believe in ET. It's a really long story why.

Bandit
May 26th, 2011, 05:42 AM
@ A32, thats fair and I can respect that.. Although I still have the urge to debate it.. hehe

ikt
May 26th, 2011, 05:48 AM
to be honest, i don't believe aliens exist at all. And please nobody try to tell me about all the trillions and trillions of solar systems and all the chances for life and crap.

Given that the requirements for life are all self contained and abundant in our universe, I'd like to see your reasoning for why there is no possibility of life on other planets.

I did a report/powerpoint (and no i didn't use windows) once on the Drake equation.

Drake equation is not a very good measure, and you'll find more than enough support for people saying it's not a very good measure. That doesn't mean that life on other planets isn't possible.

@ A32, thats fair and I can respect that..

How is a random opinion not based on valid logic or reasoning respectable?

TBH I find it interesting that the USA has so many "ufo sightings" and "ghosts" and that you hardly ever hear about the stuff in other countries.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2009/08/17/us-britain-ufo-idUSTRE57G2EU20090817

Documents from Britain's Ministry of Defense (MoD) indicated there were 609 UFO sightings in 1996, compared with 117 in 1995. This coincided with the rise in popularity of the X Files and the release of the alien blockbuster film "Independence Day."

Bandit
May 26th, 2011, 05:52 AM
Because he asked. Its personal respect. Doesnt mean anyone should agree with his statement, just he asked no one to try to persuade his decision.

There is a lot of things that many smart people like Stephen Hawking have stated in regards to black wholes that I dont agree with. Doesnt mean I dont respect Steven, I just have a better answer.

Kenc3
May 26th, 2011, 06:09 AM
There seems to be many spirits around the Philippines. We come in contact with them at times when we are not expecting it. Maybe it is what is called a Guardian Angel or something but, many here believe in them and see them.
As for aliens, there seems to be a lot of them in the States. The government is trying to make them legal.

Antarctica32
May 26th, 2011, 06:12 AM
Given that the requirements for life are all self contained and abundant in our universe, I'd like to see your reasoning for why there is no possibility of life on other planets.

Drake equation is not a very good measure, and you'll find more than enough support for people saying it's not a very good measure. That doesn't mean that life on other planets isn't possible.

TBH I find it interesting that the USA has so many "ufo sightings" and "ghosts" and that you hardly ever hear about the stuff in other countries.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2009/08/17/us-britain-ufo-idUSTRE57G2EU20090817

well it isn't so much that i don't believe in aliens as i don't think we will ever meet them. I believe that the chances of 2 or more aliens civilizations rising at the same time is so minute that it has never happened and is likely to never happen. Also i think that civilizations are prone to self destruction. the human race has almost killed itself several times over (WWI, WWII, cold war,...) I find it hard to believe that the period of time a civilization is alive is long enough for another one to evolve alongside. Also if the civilization is on the other side of the galaxy, we will never meet them. If their technology is completely different, we will never meet them. If they don't have space travel or radio wave capabilities, we will never meet them. It's not so much i don't believe in aliens, it's just that i don't think we will ever meet them. I didn't feel like explaining my rather long point of view so i just said i don't believe in them and that it was a long story.

Bandit
May 26th, 2011, 06:13 AM
There seems to be many spirits around the Philippines. We come in contact with them at times when we are not expecting it. Maybe it is what is called a Guardian Angel or something but, many here believe in them and see them.
As for aliens, there seems to be a lot of them in the States. The government is trying to make them legal.

LOL my wife is Filipina :)

well it isn't so much that i don't believe in aliens as i don't think we will ever meet them. I believe that the chances of 2 or more aliens civilizations rising at the same time is so minute that it has never happened and is likely to never happen. Also i think that civilizations are prone to self destruction.
@ A32, you got that right. If were not trying to kill each other, there is any number of non terrestrial events that could spell our doom at any moment from Sun Flairs to Iron Meteors. The rock that killed off the dinosaurs is estimated to be not much bigger then a modern car that hit the earth at about 30,000MPH. Give or take if my RAM serves me right :-|

Antarctica32
May 26th, 2011, 06:14 AM

lol

Kenc3
May 26th, 2011, 06:28 AM
We should remember that we don't know everything about the Universe yet. They are still discovering other galaxies and planets. To make a blanket statement that something definitely does not exist may be putting yourself up for a let down later.
Even as a Christian who believes there is one way, we cannot be sure that this does not apply to just us here on this earth and there is another completely different set of rules for some somewhere else.
We tend to see things through our own 'blinders' and make judgments based on them.
I have not seen "space aliens" or spaceships from other planets.
I have also decided to leave judgment or spirits based on some of the things i witnessed during the past few years.
My Mother in law asked me in perfect English to give some coins to some people at the top of the stairs. I didn't see anyone but did what she said and laid the coins on the steps. (She was almost 80 and had never spoken English to anyone.)
She did many things before she died and said things that she had no way of knowing. She was bedridden and couldn't get around to find out some of them. Someone or something was informing her and talking to her. It was not us telling her these things.
Children see things here and later they come true. They couldn't be that smart or all of them be clairvoyant.
I am learning a lot here. It makes me look at life and death in a different manner.

ikt
May 26th, 2011, 06:35 AM
well it isn't so much that i don't believe in aliens as i don't think we will ever meet them.

That's more believable but still not grounded very well.

I believe that the chances of 2 or more aliens civilizations rising at the same time is so minute that it has never happened and is likely to never happen.

I don't believe we have enough evidence to support this. We have barely seen outside of our own solar system, let alone our galaxy which is one of a billion galaxy's, all of which are composed of similar compounds.

Also i think that civilizations are prone to self destruction. the human race has almost killed itself several times over (WWI, WWII, cold war,...)

With a sample size of 1, we can't draw any conclusions.

There could be civilizations out there that live like the Bonobo, where conflict resolution is handled via sex, hell that could have been us.

Also if the civilization is on the other side of the galaxy, we will never meet them.

How so? We're barely 300 years past the age of enlightenment, some countries like in the Middle East and Africa still haven't joined us yet there are many people looking into travel at light speed and making it possible, it's just a matter of time.

If their technology is completely different, we will never meet them. If they don't have space travel or radio wave capabilities, we will never meet them. It's not so much i don't believe in aliens, it's just that i don't think we will ever meet them.

To have this view, the human race has to never build anything beyond what we are currently capable of, and technology never gets better, based on how quickly technology is evolving and the fact we simply haven't seen enough of the galaxy to draw any major conclusions about what is out there, I think making any broad statements this early in the game is a little unwise.

LowSky
May 26th, 2011, 06:47 AM
When I got out of the military I had to drive down from Reno NV to Vegas to eventually get on Hwy40 and drive home. On the way down from Reno to Vegas though we had to take the "UFO Highway" and I want lie, I was driving like hell to make it to Vegas before dark.. LOL

The Nevada Test Range explains most of the odd crap seen in that area. Test planes and atomic weapons have been tested there since the 1940's. Its most famous for Area 51. Personally I now think the government uses the base as a ruse to keep eyes off the newer facilities that are probably underground to keep satellites from spying.

Oh check out the book Area 51 by Annie Jacobsen. Its brand new and basically all about all the clandestine CIA stuff that happened there. all from the unsealed records and interviews from some of the people who worked there. Its very legit. There is over 100 pages on where she got her sources. Vry cool stuff about the U-2 and SR-71 and what was really had happen at Roswell NM.

Bölvağur
May 26th, 2011, 10:40 AM
I am a UFO hunter, but I have never found an alien or seen any UFO been correctly identified to be unknown.. only unknown for the spectator. From studies on people who have seen UFOs it seems to be that the less the people know about airplanes and natural phenomena the more likely they are falsely going to label it an UFO, so I wouldn't trust other people's experiences at all as they are probably wrong.
If you are wanting to find UFOs you should know how faulty the human mind is and learn not to trust other people's experience and doubt your own.

dmizer
May 26th, 2011, 11:08 AM
This thread can't seem to stay on topic. Specifically: too many replies are concerned with the existence or non-existence of UFOs.

Thank you all for participating.