PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Mix icons of two themes?

II Traveler II
May 25th, 2011, 11:17 PM
So I really love the Faenza program icons, but I really like the traditional Ambiance/Radiance panel icons. So is there an easy way to fuse the two? My biggest problem with the Faenza panel icons is the battery icon, so if it's easy to just change that then that's all I necessarily need lol.

Frogs Hair
May 26th, 2011, 12:39 AM
I was just looking in the folder for FaenzaWolfe icons and the panel icons are the folder marked as status . If you knew what size icon was being used it would be possible to replace the images .

It would require correctly renaming the images you were replacing and that includes the image type .png .svg . Possible ? , yes , would I want to do it , no . The reason is a battery indicator has many images it uses to display status and I use that as an example.

There are some custom indicator sets I have seen for Faenza icons and I think it would be much easier to install one of those if you could find one you like.

II Traveler II
May 26th, 2011, 11:10 PM
Thanks, Frog Hair. After a few hours of searching I found a fantastic little script here http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/Mono+Icons+for+any+Icon+theme?content=134567 . It basically does exactly what I wanted: it takes the Ubuntu Mono panel icons and lets you choose an icon theme to match up with it. It's not perfect, but certainly good enough.