PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] how to make Ubuntu 11.04 look like 10.10

cold37
May 25th, 2011, 09:10 PM
i just up dated Ubuntu and i dont like it at all but i want the new things on it so how can i make Ubuntu 11.04 look like Ubuntu 10.10 so it be easy to use?

aphatak
May 25th, 2011, 09:17 PM
If you are already in the Unity desktop environment, log out. At the log-in screen, when you click the user ID, a menu will appear at the bottom of the screen. Click the spin-button to the your right of the 'Ubuntu'; this will pop up a menu of environments. Select 'Ubuntu Classic' from it. Key in your password and click 'Logon'. The desktop you see will be the familiar Ubuntu 10.10 environment.

machare
May 30th, 2011, 07:23 PM
Thanks to this thread I can now easily use my computer. I think the thread deserves a sticky to keep it on the first page.

I am not a fan of icons. I prefer the classic menu with words that convey a meaning.

Gringexican
May 30th, 2011, 08:23 PM
I am grateful to apahatak also... had to install a new harddrive, added win7 (for work purposes) and DLed the iso for 11.04 to get that 'fresh install' before t-fering all my files from 10.10. What a damn nightmare the new interface is! I REALLY don't like that terminal is not a default icon in their completely uncustomizable and unmovable bars and that you either have to hotkey it up or do a search.

temporizer
October 19th, 2011, 07:30 AM
Thank you for this info. I was afraid of installing (again) 11.04 because of the desktop setup. it was annoying after i got used to 10.10's desktop.

Thanks again.