PDA

View Full Version : help with a tablet?

cracker89
May 25th, 2011, 03:05 PM
I need a tablet. Atleaast i think i do... only i dont kno what to be looking for exactly.

I need to be able to draw on it, like using a pointer, on gimp say, so good touch i figure..

also, what is a good one for the purpose? do linux distros work on tablets? anyone one who has experience in the same..?

whats the major difference in getting a hybrid a laptop with touch...? is this any good -(http://www.alwaysinnovating.com/touchbook/)

Joe of loath
May 25th, 2011, 03:31 PM
If you want to draw, most tablets are out. Very few to none of them have pressure sensitivity, and most are capacitive, meaning you can only use a finger or other object with similar conductivity, so you have to buy a specific stylus to use with it.

If you want to draw, you're looking at a dedicated drawing tablet, any of Wacom's range should work with the latest version of Linux.

Lucradia
May 25th, 2011, 04:06 PM
If you want to draw, you're looking at a dedicated drawing tablet, any of Wacom's range should work with the latest version of Linux.

I have an intuos4 large tablet, I haven't tried it on linux, because of what happened with my intuos3 small tablet back in the day (it would not work at all with Ubuntu, no matter what I did with the WaconHowto tutorials.)

Regardless of that, Wacom is the best brand to be honest.

cracker89
May 25th, 2011, 05:55 PM
ok... that looks awesome. i didnt know that really :P thankee..
is it good, intuos?