PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Upgrade wubi to real ubuntu partition

flagstar
May 25th, 2011, 09:37 AM
Hi,

I've been using Ubuntu NR 10.04 LTS for almost 1 years now with dual-boot with Windows XP by Wubi and I had great time using it.

Now I want to experience the full potential of Ubuntu by creating another partition just for Ubuntu alone since I heard Wubi makes a lot of trouble and works slower than independent Ubuntu install.

Here's my question.

Should I really create another partition to get full potential of Ubuntu or should I stick with wubi? I haven't got any problem running Ubuntu with Wubi but my video playback sometimes gone haywire which didn't happen in windows especially .mkv files

If I should create a partition, how do I want to shrink Drive C: to get enough free space for another partition? Mine was Windows XP so it doesn't have shrink option in Disk Managament unlike Vista/7.

And last question... Can Ubuntu run Window games or MMORPG smoothly like Counter Strike and WarcraftIII? I did try to play it before but it run too slower in Ubuntu...

I used Netbook Eee PC 900HA, 2GB RAM, dual-boot Windows XP Home Edition with Ubuntu Netbook Remix 10.04 Lucid Lnyx LTS.

Thanks in advance...

Hedgehog1
May 26th, 2011, 05:44 AM
Here is an excellent guide on doing this very thing:

http://www.art.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1519354

It was written by forum member bcbc

The Hedge

:KS