PDA

View Full Version : Best browser for KDE?

cespinal
May 25th, 2011, 08:10 AM
Your opinions, mentlegen:

What is the best browser for kubuntu?
I really loved Rekong but is still buggy... so I switched to the big ol Chromium. Still, I open to suggestions. Some silly pros and cons:

Chromium:
Pros: loads fast, browses fast and is very simple in configuration.
Cons: It doesnt integrate too well with KDE in terms of window borders and such. Also, maybe is too minimalsitic?

FF:
Pros: super fast browser, lots of addons, secure.
Cons: takes too long to load... it really brings down the snapyness of the new KDE.

Opera: ??? no idea.

Rekong: Super fast... intuitive.. half chrome-half firefox. But buggy!!

NightwishFan
May 25th, 2011, 08:21 AM
There is Konqueror, but it is not (in my opinion) keeping pace with the webkit based browsers. You perhaps should give Opera a try. I use Firefox 4 on KDE.

sffvba[e0rt
May 25th, 2011, 08:41 AM
I find that FF4 is as snappy as anything else in KDE.

PS - I have never found KDE to be snappy though...

Macskeeball
May 25th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Chromium:
Cons: [...] maybe is too minimalistic?
Have you tried any Chrome extensions?

Also, I seem to remember a setting to use the system theme. I don't know if that works with KDE or not.

cespinal
May 25th, 2011, 11:11 AM
Have you tried any Chrome extensions?

Also, I seem to remember a setting to use the system theme. I don't know if that works with KDE or not.

Yeah... I love them

and no.. they dont seem to integrate too well as far as I know

Tibuda
May 25th, 2011, 11:37 AM
Have you tried Arora? It uses Qt + WebKit.

3Miro
May 25th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Firefox and Rekonq worked best for me, but overall the browser is KDE's weak point.

matthewbpt
May 25th, 2011, 01:20 PM
Chromium works great for me. I untick "Use System title-bar and borders" and it looks much better.

ivanovnegro
May 25th, 2011, 01:27 PM
For me it would be Firefox, you can also integrate it very well into KDE with the Oxygen theme for Firefox.
On the second place would be Chromium, not so good integrated but there are some extensions, just search in the extension engine of Google Chrome for KDE/Kubuntu stuff and you will find something.
The best integrated is of course Rekonq but it lags in functionality.
Konqueror, dont like it at all.
The rest is more for GTK and Opera, not sure about.

cespinal
May 25th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Chromium works great for me. I untick "Use System title-bar and borders" and it looks much better.

Yeah... the thing is that I use window buttons on the left... so going for this option would bring me all the buttons to the right...

oldos2er
May 25th, 2011, 05:51 PM
I use FF4 and Chrome, both are "snappy" for me.

malspa
May 25th, 2011, 05:56 PM
Your opinions, mentlegen

LOL!

Since you asked for opinions... Chromium.

Ric_NYC
May 26th, 2011, 06:22 PM
Your opinions, mentlegen:

What is the best browser for kubuntu?
I really loved Rekong but is still buggy... so I switched to the big ol Chromium. Still, I open to suggestions. Some silly pros and cons:

Chromium:
Pros: loads fast, browses fast and is very simple in configuration.
Cons: It doesnt integrate too well with KDE in terms of window borders and such. Also, maybe is too minimalsitic?

FF:
Pros: super fast browser, lots of addons, secure.
Cons: takes too long to load... it really brings down the snapyness of the new KDE.

Opera: ??? no idea.

Rekong: Super fast... intuitive.. half chrome-half firefox. But buggy!!

Tools (Wrench icon)> Preferences> Personal Stuff> Appearence : Hide system title bar and use compact borders.