PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu Software Center and JoliOS not working

dj_Klinger
May 25th, 2011, 06:34 AM
Sadly, I started out as a JoliOS user - but I have petty much removed all the Joli features and am just using the bare Ubuntu system. Nonetheless, I can't get the Ubuntu Software Center to work. When I run in terminal I get the following message:

ImportError: No module named Joli OS

Any suggestions?

sikander3786
May 25th, 2011, 07:15 AM
Welcome to the forums :)

I don't know much about JoliOS but can try to help you. Doesn JoliOS really come with Software Center? I don't think so...

From Terminal, you are trying this command?

software-center

What if you try to install it?

sudo apt-get install software-center

dj_Klinger
May 25th, 2011, 10:24 AM
Thanks for the reply.

'sudo apt-get install software-center' shows that it is installed and is the latest version 2.0.7 (as does synaptic package manager). But when I try to run it from terminal ('software-center') it looks like it wants to run, until:

File "/usr/share/software-center/softwarecenter/distro/__init__.py", line 77, in _get_distro
module = __import__(distro_id, globals(), locals(), [], -1)

So I'm thinking maybe it goes looking in that file (/usr/share/software-center/softwarecenter/distro/__init__.py) for a definition to apply to the relevant distro (Joli OS in this case). It doesn't find it so it just quits. But I'm pretty new to this so it's just a guess.

Here's all the code:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/X11/software-center", line 78, in <module>
from softwarecenter.app import SoftwareCenterApp
File "/usr/share/software-center/softwarecenter/app.py", line 42, in <module>
from view.viewswitcher import ViewSwitcher, ViewSwitcherList
File "/usr/share/software-center/softwarecenter/view/viewswitcher.py", line 34, in <module>
from softwarecenter.backend.channel import SoftwareChannel
File "/usr/share/software-center/softwarecenter/backend/channel.py", line 22, in <module>
from softwarecenter.distro import get_distro
File "/usr/share/software-center/softwarecenter/distro/__init__.py", line 88, in <module>
distro_instance=_get_distro()
File "/usr/share/software-center/softwarecenter/distro/__init__.py", line 77, in _get_distro
module = __import__(distro_id, globals(), locals(), [], -1)

dj_Klinger
May 26th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Any other suggestions?