PDA

View Full Version : Flash Audio On Youtube

Lucradia
May 25th, 2011, 04:52 AM
Anyone notice after the most recent updates of flash... youtube audio no longer glitches randomly on most videos?

Artemis3
May 25th, 2011, 06:06 AM
What glitches?

NightwishFan
May 25th, 2011, 07:42 AM
The 64-bit flash in Debian testing has a lot of Audio problems. I am using the 32-bit one through ndiswrapper to compensate.

matthewbpt
May 25th, 2011, 11:05 AM
The 64-bit flash in Debian testing has a lot of Audio problems. I am using the 32-bit one through ndiswrapper to compensate.
ndiswrapper is only for using network drivers from windows in linux ... How's that flash related?

Docaltmed
May 25th, 2011, 12:56 PM
The flash-on-Ubuntu thing is really my last remaining headache. I have one computer that simply refuses to play flash audio, no matter what I do. I've added plugins, removed plugins, made symlinks, removed symlinks, modified .conf files, alsamixered up the wazoo...nothing works. Audio works just fine except for Flash.

I just wish the world would go with HTML5 or whetever the heck the alternative is, and leave Flash in the dumpster.

Lucradia
May 25th, 2011, 03:43 PM
I just wish the world would go with HTML5 or whetever the heck the alternative is, and leave Flash in the dumpster.

I've actually had HTML5 do the random audio glitch a couple times.

NightwishFan
May 25th, 2011, 08:26 PM
ndiswrapper is only for using network drivers from windows in linux ... How's that flash related?

Wrong word. Nspluginwrapper. They are very similar. My mistake. :rolleyes:

disabledaccount
May 26th, 2011, 02:17 AM
Never heard about flash audio problems - but I see I was lucky ;)
Fortunatelly gstreamer+Minitube is way better than adobe "product": faster, needs less memory and CPU time :)

Lucradia
May 26th, 2011, 03:46 AM
Fortunatelly gstreamer+Minitube is way better than adobe "product": faster, needs less memory and CPU time :)

Can it repeat a youtube video endlessly? :V

disabledaccount
May 26th, 2011, 08:22 PM
No, Minitube does not offer such option, but it's open source and adding few lines of code isn't that hard. You can also ask/suggest to implement such functionality in next version :)

Lucradia
May 27th, 2011, 03:57 AM
No, Minitube does not offer such option, but it's open source and adding few lines of code isn't that hard. You can also ask/suggest to implement such functionality in next version :)

The parole guy was a bit stubborn when I asked for repeat-one feature, and do not add to playlist when opening file, etc. But when I told them that's how totem worked, they added it.

Not sure I want to ask constantly.