PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Don't see partitions on wubi.exe

armk123
May 24th, 2011, 07:55 PM
I'm using Windows 7 32 bit, and want to install Ubuntu 9.04 Inside Windows via wubi.exe .

Using Acronis Disk Director Suite, I created a new ext3 partition to install Ubuntu on it, all goes fine but when I go to My Computer I don't see the partition, it may be normal as Windows doesn't show ext3/ext4 partitions.

The problem is I don't neither see the partition in the Ubuntu Installer, I only see the old partition which are FAT32 and NTFS but not the ext3 one to install on it.

Attached photos may explain better.

How can I choose the LINUX partition to install on?

Thank you.

aarsalankhalid
May 24th, 2011, 08:49 PM
I might be absolutely wrong here...but I think for wubi installation, you don't need to format your drive to ext3. Just format it to NTFS and see if it works.

armk123
May 24th, 2011, 08:56 PM
I might be absolutely wrong here...but I think for wubi installation, you don't need to format your drive to ext3. Just format it to NTFS and see if it works.
For more than a year ^_^ I've been trying to install ubuntu in C:\ partition which is NTFS, but it keeps giving me "No root file system" and somebody advised me to create ext3 partition for ubuntu.

aarsalankhalid
May 24th, 2011, 08:57 PM
For more than a year ^_^ I've been trying to install ubuntu in C:\ partition which is NTFS, but it keeps giving me "No root file system" and somebody advised me to create ext3 partition for ubuntu.

But you're trying to install ubuntu from inside of windows, right?

aarsalankhalid
May 24th, 2011, 10:10 PM
As a test, I just installed ubuntu from live cd within windows 7. It detected my NTFS partition alright.

armk123
May 25th, 2011, 07:16 PM
But you're trying to install ubuntu from inside of windows, right?
Does installing inside windows mean that I should install ubuntu in the same partition where windows is installed on? if not so, I will install it inside windows but in another partition.

Anyway, I just formatted ext3 partition to be NTFS, and now trying to install ubuntu in it.

I was getting this problem when I was trying to install in C:\ .

Thank you :)

armk123
May 25th, 2011, 07:51 PM
I tried to install in an NTS partition, all went file but when I restart I got the error above, No root file system.

armk123
May 28th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Where did my whole partitions go to??

http://upload.traidnt.net/upfiles/xG440959.png