PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Help required regarding Natty

talk2devid
May 24th, 2011, 08:35 AM
Respected members..

Currently i am shifting all my computers from windows xp to ubuntu 11.04 Natty.

My problem is.. i have no internet connection, so there is any way to install software from the installation CD of Natty ? because, i think most of the software already added in the installation disk. but unfortunately, i never found any way to install the software from installation CD. I am looking for the solution for last 7 days... and all of my jobs are stopped due to that issue.

even i have tried Linux munt, another close member of ubuntu. but it is same as ubuntu, unable install any software without any internet connection.

So, members, it is my request to you -
1. Is really all the software added into the ubuntu installation CD ? if so, how do i install ?

2. Like Red Hat, they have option to select the software from the list during the installation, is there anything like that ?

Please suggest.

Thanks & Regards
David

amalbose
May 24th, 2011, 08:39 AM
not all softwares will be there..U have to download n install some, especially the video and audio codecs.

talk2devid
May 24th, 2011, 08:41 AM
There is any way to install VLC and other MP3 or Video Player offline ? Please suggest.

amalbose
May 24th, 2011, 08:44 AM
u hav to download the softwares from some other system n install it in urs. but try to get all the dependencies

talk2devid
May 24th, 2011, 08:50 AM
there is any process to automate it? like it display the software and dependencies, after selecting them - the whole package is installed later on i can install the whole package in my system ??

Lateralis
May 24th, 2011, 09:06 AM
I have no personal experience of this particular program, but check out the Keryx project (http://keryxproject.org/). It claims to be an offline package management program and works with Ubuntu.